MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

when I try to pack materials

with mobile data entry transaction

and then when I try to assign child

objects I see only one field input (ID)

should't I see quantity, UOM etc. on this screen?

when I put an ID (sgtin) I see error:

Barcode translation error

and I did't do anything with barcodes I believe...

BTW

do I need to set up something more

to be able to use SGTIN in that screen?

Thanks for your help

Regards,

michal

Message was edited by: Michal Krawczyk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

i am not sure about this error, though i feel that you to the user defined data you need to have Activity DEVICE_USER_DATA_MODIFY in the your RULE for PACK (lets say ZPACK). And the in the parameter list u need to define the necessary data element. Please read the documentation for this activity.

Also i believe the reason for the Bar code translation error may be that the product quantity, product, UOM must be in barcode format. I am not confident about this.

In SPRO one can define the Barcode settings of his choice. I havenot worked on barcodes so will take some more time to crack it.

If in mean time you can solve it let me know. If i solve it i will definitely let you know.

Regards,

Amit Deshpande

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>Also i believe the reason for the Bar code translation error may be that the product quantity, product, UOM must be in barcode format. I am not confident about this.

but I don't want the barcode.. I'd like to pack GTINs

how can I turn off this barcode check?

Regards,

michal

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think yes that is the case..

Provided you have maintained settings as per the earlier replies.

Because i am able to execute it properly.

Regards,

Amit Deshpande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Go to Auto id cockpit. then in <b>Search</b> go to object and search by id put your GRAI which you used for packing. Then system will show you the GRAI.

Besides that GRAI if you click on the level column then it will show you the SGTINs associated with the GRAI.

I hope this solves.

Regards,

Amit Deshpande

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

I know but just like I said it doesn't show it

so probably the SGTIN was not added right?

Regards,

michal

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

I know but just like I said it doesn't show it

so probably the SGTIN was not added right?

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I think i have got your problem quite late.

<b> Let me define problem statement what you are facing</b>(Check me if i am wrong)

You are trying to pack tagged items (i.e tagged Item SGTIN to tagged pallet GRAI)

Earlier i tried to help you solve problem when you are trying to pack untagged items to GRAI.(In this case i gave you solution assuming that the untagged items will have barcode and not the RFID tags.)

If i have stated you problem right this is the answer.

First thing remove that Data profile against the GRAI.

Second identify what is the packing hierarchy you want (in your case i believe you are trying to pack SGTIN inside GRAI).

Your issue is to avoid the barcode. So need to define this hierarchy somewhere which you do in SPRO>Basic settings> pack settings--> assign pack levels to filter value (In your case you will assign higher packing level to GRAI than SGTIN as higher packing level indicates higher value in hierarchy)

Then go to mobile screen. first higher hierarchy level first (GRAI in your case) and then put SGTIN in the first bigger row below F9 and keep on assign as many SGTIN you want to your GRAI.

Now you will use the GRAI and SGTIN with the respective filter values what you used in defining packing level hierarchy. Other wise it wont work.

In this case you will not use any F5 as the packing is for tagged items and not for untagged item in tagged GRAI.

I hope this solves your problem.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

>>>>You are trying to pack tagged items (i.e tagged Item SGTIN to tagged pallet GRAI)

exactly

>>>>In your case you will assign higher packing level to GRAI than SGTIN as higher packing level indicates higher value in hierarchy)

done

>>>>Then go to mobile screen. first higher hierarchy level first (GRAI in your case) and then put SGTIN in the first bigger row below F9 and keep on assign as many SGTIN you want to your GRAI.

did that and I receive message: delivery ... updated successfully

but when I look at the ext document

only the GRAI was packed and none SGTIN

from the lines was not

do you know what more I might be missing?

Thanks for your great help!

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi michal,

please check if you have defined a default BarCode Type entry with * as field values for Location & Device Group in the BarCode Type definitions.

Easy Access --> AII --> MasterData --> BarCode Type Assign.

Then try the packing scenario.

regards,

arul.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arul,

I did: with EAN128 but should I have it or not?

as I don't want to enter barcodes in packing

but GTIN numbers

is there any way I cen remove this entry ?

• * EAN128 ? as when I try to delete it

it's gone (save) but when I go back

to the transaction it's still there...

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Read this documentation from IMG especially the bold part</b> What i was saying may be right. Sorry to bombard with so many answers one after another

Define Barcode Types and Application Identifiers

Use

In this IMG activity you define the structure of application identifier types (also known as barcode types). Barcodes may consist of several values, each of which is prefixed by an application identifier (AI). The AI defines a unique set of characteristics for each barcode value such as its length and description.

This IMG activity consists of two views:

Application Identifier Type Definition

Application Identifier Definition

Activities

Follow the steps below to define bar code types and application identifiers:

1. Define the AI type: This field allows you to specify variations of the UCC/EAN128 format by creating new AI (barcode) types. When you scan bar codes that were not generated by SAP Auto-ID Infrastructure (SAP AII), the system needs to know according to which standard the bar code was created so that it can be read accurately by the scanning device. The AI type allows the system to "decode" this information.

Define the name and the following general parameters for each AI type:

Minimum and maximum length

AI Type Prefix: an introductory character string that defines the first part of the bar code

Application Identifier Delimiter: If the AI uses a variable length data field, it must be closed by a delimiter.

Save the entry.

2. Define the individual AIs for each AI type. You select the appropriate row, and choose Application Identifier in the dialog structure.

You determine the format of the AI using these attributes:

Application Identifier (AI): part of the barcode whose function is to precede and identify the fieldname that follows it. The AI is user defined and can contain up to 4 characters.

AI Part (Partial Field / Subdivision of an Application Identifier): Leave this field blank; it is not currently used.

<b>Application: describes how the AI is used, for example, for a delivery number or GTIN. The possible values for application are delivered; you cannot change them.

Fieldname corresponds to the name of the field on the mobile user interface where you want SAP AII to put the value of this field. You can find the fieldnames defined in the element sets . For example, the fieldname for filter value is FILTER_VALUE.</b>Description: describes the AI .

AI Defined.: Used by warehouse management . Always check this box .

AI length: defines the fixed or maximum length of the AI

AI Delimiter: determines the end of a variable length AI

Decimal places: defines the number of decimal places to be applied to the AI

Variable length: If you want to shorten the length of a fieldname value, for example to drop trailing zeros, you can define a variable length. If you define a variable length, it overrides the AI length. The system then determines the AI length using this formula: AI length = variable length * multiplier: + addition factor.

Multiplier: value that is multiplied by the variable length to arrive at the AI length. AI length = variable length * multiplier: + addition factor.

Addition factor: value that is used to determine the AI length. AI length = variable length * multiplier: + addition factor.

Dual input indicator: if checked, the AI value can be manually input or read from a barcode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi michal,

Just check my logic. The child object with product Quantity and UOM will be required when one needs to pack the untagged items in the packing unit with RFID tag.

So in the child object input fields i think one needs to define what is the product we are talking about. The quantity and UOM, since it gives barcode translation error i think system is expecting the UOM & product quantity in barcode form. That means the mobile reader should also be capable of reading the barcode. This is my reasoning. so inorder to accept the barcode for quantity and UOM there needs to be barcode definitions in the AII system which can be done in SPRO--> Basic Settings --> Barcode settings. Read the documentation in IMG for this. I am trying to understand this at moment.

I tried to understand the UCC/EAN 128 standard for barcode which have got definition for quantity and UOM. The way we define the encoding types for RFID tag same way i think it should be defined as barcode definitions for UOM & quantity. This is my reasoning.

Let see how can we solve this.

Regards,

Amit Deshpande

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

but I DON'T want the barcode:)

I want to pack GTINs to my GRAI number

and I don't know why this barcode error exists ...

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Have you maintained <b>settings for User Interface</b> on Easy Access Menu Screen.

If not please maitain this setting. Before that you need to define the data profile settings in SPRO.

Then assign the profile you have defined in Data Profile to the encoding type which you are using.

hope this solves your problem.

Check the configuration guide for data profile definition.

Let me know your learning

Regards,

Amit Deshpande

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I defined the new data profile with UOM, product etc

but I still see: Barcode translation error

when I try to save those child objects...

I also see that in transaction:

barcode type assignment

I have * * * EAN128

and I cannot delete this row...

as it comes back after I delete and save

maybe it's because of this?

do you know why this can be happening ?

Regards,

michal