cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activating sm_quality_gate Quality Gate Management service

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

we have been using ChaRM in SOlution Manager 7.0 EHP1, we are intending to exploit more functions of solution manager , i.e Implementation Project. The question is if we activate service for Quality Gate Management , there will be any impact on our maintenance cycle???

Please guide

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes you can

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/a9/0473a0d3f74adcaa6c6b4be7635867/content.htm

more doc can be check above

further for solman 7.1 new functions check this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp01/helpdata/en/a9/0473a0d3f74adcaa6c6b4be7635867/frameset.htm

regards

prakhar

Edited by: Prakhar Saxena on Nov 28, 2011 6:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for reply Prakhar

But what will be the effect on the current maintenance cycle if we activate the Quality Management Services as described in SAP Implementation Guide (Solution Manger -> SEcnario Specific Settings -> Quality Gate Management-> Activate Services) ???

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

There will be no impact on the same

by activating services of QGM doest mean you activate like CHARM and a MC is created ....(atleast that doesnt happens in solman 7.0) but that will allow you to use the same in Project in change management workcenter if you maintain the pre req as mentioned in earlier link(help.sap)

also now it can be used in other type of project oo so please check the doc in solman 7.1 if you are in 7.1.

Hope it helps

regards

prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually we want to use QGM in our implementation projects.. but we were confused to activate QGM services if it will cause quality gate Imposed on our current maintenance project for ChaRM??

we are using Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1

Thanks

Sidra

Edited by: Hasan Sidra on Nov 29, 2011 10:07 AM

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

you can use both in parallel

regards

prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Again QGM activation wont make any cause to the existing Charm Config.

It is simple to understand, All the TR bndled to project, So QGM project wil work parallel to the ChaRM project as unique.

check out this for complete configuration

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jansi the article was of great help!!

I am having a problem in assigning quality gates to system roles.... the problem is that my system roles are not in rite order means Production system is coming before quality assurance in the list and it is not letting me deine quality gates in the rite order..

Please help

further if we can do everything without doing any IMG activity (as per defined in SPRO) then what is the purpose of activating services of QGM as defined in SPRO???

further What is the difference in creating transport request from SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN and creating Transport request from Quality Gate Management in Change Management Workcenter???

Please help

Answers (0)