cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new class in already created DIR

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a DIR and it is in released staus .

I change the status from released to correction. One class is already added in the DIR. I want to add a new class in that DIR. but the system won't allow me. Message appearing "Multiple classification not allowed"

Can anyone help?

Its urgent

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Message appearing "Multiple classification not allowed"

Propose you setup a Class Hierarchy to meet your requirement.Herein,you would need to create a parent class and assign subordinate classes to it.

For Eg: Assume you have created classes Class ABC and Class PQR and you need to assign both of these to a Document Type.When you attempt to do this, the system throws up a message "Multiple classification not allowed". Hence,you need to create another new class Class XYZ and assign both the previously created classes Class ABC and Class PQR to it. (Path:SAP Menu> CA components> Classification S/m > Assignment > Assign objects/Classes to classes)

Once done,you would have to assign Class XYZ to the required Document Type.This will ensure that the required classes are assigned and reflect in the Document Type.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am new to DMS.

Can you pls explain me how to create class and assign these classes to doc type or other classes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will try to keep it simple!! Login into SAP,go to SAP Menu > Cross Application Components > Classification System > Assignment > Assign Objects/Classes to Classes. Herein, key in the new class that you created above and choose class type as 017.Next,click on the icon 'Only new assignments' and choose 'Document'.Key in the Document Details(Doc no,type,part,version) for which you are attempting to add the new class.Choose Save.

Access the DIR via CV02n.Go to 'Additional Data' tab,the new class and characteristic values will be displayed.

P.S. You may read up more on Classification concept [here.|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/e1/8e51341a06084de10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar