SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS-U data conversion - how to ensure integrity of non converted fields?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using EMIGALL to convert several data. My issue is that some fields that are no subject to modifications areeventually set to blank after the EMIGALL load. After some search I saw a FM that allow to keep data unchanged (FM NO_DATA_INITIALIZE):

Business Partner:

- EMIGALL object Partnercha

- Module ISU_M_PARTNER_CREATE_DARK

- EMIGALL structure: INIT, EKUN, BUT000

- Need to use of FM NO_DATA_INITIALIZE for BUT000 and INIT: For BUT000, it works fine. After adding it to INIT, I am not able anymore to load correctly the EMIGALL file (error = year "0000" is not possible)

Contact Log:

- EMIGALL object BCONTACT

- Module BCONTACT_CHANGE

- EMIGALL structure: BCONTD

- FM NO_DATA_INITIALIZE seems not to be working for Contact Log?

==> Any clue on issue of using that FM for EMIGALL structure INIT for Partner

==> Is that FM only for Partner and not fo other object?

Thanks !

Quentin

1 REPLY 1

friedrich_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Quentin,

The FM NO_DATA_INITIALIZE is applicable for all migration objects that change a business object where the implementation is BDT (Business data Toolset) based. SAP delivers two such migration objects: PARTNERCHA and ACCOUNTCHA. The FM NO_DATA_INITIALIZE should be implemented as a structure preprocessing code with the parameter E_DATA = $S$, I_NODATA = '?' whereas '?' must correspond to the X_NODATA parameter as set on the PARAMETER screen of the related service function module. The FM NO_DATA_INITIALIZE populates character fields of the target structure with the NODATA character. The NODATA character is meant as a signal to the BDT application not to change the content of that field but to keep going with the value as saved on the database. Mind that a SPACE may be a valid character hence will be clearing the field on the database.

The FM NO_DATA_INITIALIZE does not work for structure INIT due to the fact that some of the fields of that structure are setup with an ABAP field rule whose implementation ignores the NODATA sign. In addition, some of the fields must be populated with the correct value (even it remains unchanged compared to the saved value) because the application has been developed that way. In case the NODATA sign does not work you may want to implement a select to that relatewd database table to fill the required fields.

Cheers,

Fritz