cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source inspection

former_member512784
Participant
0 Kudos

If source inspection has not been done( I mean forget to clear the lot), then new inspection lot should trigger during goods reciept, Is this possible ??

Please advice..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your Querry is :

"If source inspection has not been done( I mean forget to clear the lot), then new inspection lot should trigger during goods reciept, Is this possible ??

Please advice.."

thus , QI07 needs to execute for source inspection lot., otherwise QA51 will be used for job planning. But if user want that he missed to lock the source inspection lot and want auto GR lot creation than it is possible through some FM or user exit, otherwise , skipped source inspection lot never effect ur GR posting, user able to post the MIGO.

Regards

former_member512784
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Any idea on that FM or user exit, please let me now..

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member512784
Participant
0 Kudos

closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

again i suggest you please read the question properly,

Querry is , user forget to clear the source inspection lot

Ur answar is fruitful when source inspection lot rejects nad system shows any warning or error at the time of GR.

If user forget to clear the particular lot than there is no effect on GR and user esaily post it., if user want that system notify that source inspection lot is pending for UD than he needs to maintain the user exit.

Regards

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

right,

i didnt read it properly.

regards,

Amol

former_member512784
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guru

Again no need of any notification during GR, user is asking for the creation of new inspection lot automatically.

Is this possible??

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hiii....

your Question is:

If source inspection has not been done( I mean forget to clear the lot), then new inspection lot should trigger during goods reciept, Is this possible ??
Please advice..

Hi Guru

Again no need of any notification during GR, user is asking for the creation of new inspection lot automatically.
Is this possible??

Now, its standard, if you dont clear source insp. lot, system will automatically create New inspection lot at the time of GR, as long as "01" inspection type is active in Material Master.

regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Kindly first clear Question by urself exactly wat user want,

some time no user forget the Source inspection UD and want lot after GR:

than as i sadi and other members there is no effect if user forget to clear the source inspection lot, he is able to post the GRN, as per std setting system only restrict ur GRN posting when ur Source inspection valuation is rejected.

Some time user doesn't want any alert for source lot ud missing:

Than lots of user exits are available in std sap system. whatever u want u goto SMOD transaction> enter Q* and press F4 select the appropriate user exit as per ur requirement and take the help of an ABAP'r and programed it accordingly.

Don't mind but first clear ur querry by urself.

Regards

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the inspection lot is pending.. it still shows in the system. That will trigger you to process it. Another point: Based on the settings you made for Source Inspection, the system can generate an Inspection lot during GR (MIGO). If GR Inspection lot is not enabled in the setting for Source Inspection, the system won't create an inspection lot. Hence, please check the settings for Source Inspection. Regards, KrishnaM

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the inspection lot is pending.. it still shows in the system. That will trigger you to process it. Another point: Based on the settings you made for Source Inspection, the system can generate an Inspection lot during GR (MIGO). If GR Inspection lot is not enabled in the setting for Source Inspection, the system won't create an inspection lot. Hence, please check the settings for Source Inspection. Regards, KrishnaM

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no restriction as far as source inspection and GR is concern, system shows only warning if it is configured otherwise , u r able to create a lot against GR without clearling any Source iNspection lot.

Regards

former_member512784
Participant
0 Kudos

Could you please tell me how to enable that warning message...

Edited by: E.M. Janardhanan on Nov 30, 2011 7:46 AM

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SPRO>IMG>QM>QM in Logistics>QM in Procurement>Define Control Keys> and Select control key which you have maintained in material master. watch for "GR/Source Inspection Control".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

again i suggest you please read the question properly,

Querry is , user forget to clear the source inspection lot

Ur answar is fruitful when source inspection lot rejects nad system shows any warning or error at the time of GR.

If user forget to clear the particular lot than there is no effect on GR and user esaily post it., if user want that system notify that source inspection lot is pending for UD than he needs to maintain the user exit.

Regards