cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use sap BI in sap ECC 6.0 system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello frients,

we Having sap ECC6.0 IDES system and we want to use this system for sap BI also. In SAINT - add ons and preconfigured systems installed in the system area{SAP_BW is there)...

SAP_BW 700 0009 SAP NetWeaver BI 7.0 000 13.12.2005 12:45:16

what i have to do login with bi in this Ecc6.0 system.... please help me friends.

Farkath.C

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope this is a testbed system.

Using the same production system for ECC6 and BI would be a very very BAD idea....

Regards,

Olivier

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You login to the system the same way you do .

The SAP system is a single system with a unique SID to identify the system. Since SAP ECC is based on SAP netweaver , hence you have the SAP_BW software component in an ECC system as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

friend,

i tried the bi T-code in same system, the fallowing massage appeared

Baground job BI_TCO_ACTIVATION for activation of the technical BI content scheduled.

then the required screen has came. is this enough or i have to do any more settings in this system.

and also please tell me if i want the separate client for bi in same system means what should i do???

thanks in advance.

Regards

Farkath.C

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to create a separate client for BI or you can use the same client as BI client. Jus maintain an entry in table RSADMINA for the BI client.

In case you create a separate BI client , you will be required to create RFC between ECC client and BI client.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Better is to create a 'separate' BI client and you will have to install BI_CONT component add-on to use BI functionality in this ECC system.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello deepakkori,

thanks for your reply. what should i do in the table entry RSADMINA. can u please explain me clearly...