cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMQ1 & SMQ2 Monitor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I know that SMQ2 ia a inbound queue and SMQ1 is a outboud queue but wanted to know where this queues are present exactly and Purpose

I guess SMQ2 is the first step in IE after AE forwards the PI SOAP Message and before the Pipeline steps.

Once Pipeline completes the Call Adapter Step then message goes to Adapter through SMQ1. Please clarify

Regards & Thanks ,

Manikandan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please go through below blog,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/76/e12041c877f623e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Use

· SMQ1 - qRFC Monitor for the outbound queue. You use this transaction to monitor the status of the LUWs in the outbound queue and restart any hanging queues manually.

· SMQ2 - qRFC Monitor for the inbound queue. You use this transaction to monitor the status of the LUWs in the outbound queue.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAPConn/ReorganizeoptionintransactonSMQ1andSMQ2

and Note 380078 - FAQ: BW delta queue (RSA7):

regards,

ganesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

This action of delete all queue in SMQ# ¿is dangerus? ¿have a bad impact in the environment?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

That´s right Bau. Ganesh explained us that SMQ1 manage Monitor qRFC for the outbound queue.

By the way these queues are dynamicly process to other system. But in SMQ2 is manage monitor qRFC for the inbound queue come from source system. these queue have to re-process again but fiest we need to validate with User Key to identify what are business process the queue belog. Then you can to acccess to the queue you can move it to SM3 validate again and reprocess the queue, but never is suggested remove or erase queue lis except that user key gave us his approval.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SMQ1--out bound queue, once message enters in to IE from AE, first it will place in to SMQ1 queues.(before executing pipeline steps)

SMQ2--Inbound queue --after executing pipe line steps output will be be places in inbound queue, from here data will be send it to Receiver adapter.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Pls clarify below

when we say outbound (SMQ1) it mean messages are incoming to IE of PI( i.e Sender System->AE->IE) and inbound(SMQ2) mean Messages are going out from IE to AE of PI (i.e IE->AE->Target System)

Messages are goes throgh SMQ2(Inbound queue) before the call adapter PIleline step?

if yes for above then can we see the error message in SMQ2 if the message failed in Call Adapter Pipeline step?

Edited by: Manikandan Shanmugam on Nov 28, 2011 6:51 AM

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> when we say outbound (SMQ1) it mean messages are incoming to IE of PI( i.e Sender System->AE->IE) and inbound(SMQ2) mean Messages are going out from IE to AE of PI (i.e IE->AE->Target System)

>

yes correct

> Messages are goes throgh SMQ2(Inbound queue) before the call adapter PIleline step?

after executing pipeline steps messages moved to inbound queue.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>when we say outbound (SMQ1) it mean messages are incoming to IE of PI( i.e Sender System->AE->IE)

AFAIK ...the PI XML (from the sender system) message is first placed in the inbound queue after that logical routing and splitting of messages will take place, then the message is placed in the outbound queue (mapping and technical routing will take place) and once all the pipeline steps executed messages from the outbound queue is assigned to the receiver of the message through an adapter(optional)...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi amit or any others,

Can you explain this more, even i have confused on this what Manikandan was asking