SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound interface - device modification/reversal & device category change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have a requirement to trigger an outbound interface in the event of device modification/reversal and device category change.I couldn't find any event which gets triggered upon device modification and reversal.There are 2 user exits - call customer '001' and call customer '002' provided by SAP.However,both these exits do not get triggered on device modification.For reversal,there is no exit provided by SAP.I have actually written a code within if....endif..statement in the Zinclude and had put a breakpoint in the Z include of both the device modification exits.None seem to work.

Similarly there are no events/exits/BAdI's for device category change.I need to trigger the same outbound interface upon device category change.

This brings me to the conclusion that there is no standard way to do an activity upon completion of device modification/reversal and device category change.There are no BAdI's as well.Change pointer activation could be one of the solution.Could you please suggest an alternative solution.

Many thanks,

Raj

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Please check if the default BAdI interface IF_EX_ISU_IDE_DATEXCONNECT is triggered during device modifications / removal.

Use the method IF_EX_ISU_IDE_DATEXCONNECT~DATEXCONNECT_BILLINGINST_CHNG to see if you can make use of it.

Thanks,

Imran

0 Kudos

Thanks for responding Imran.

The BADI you mentioned does not gets triggered while reversal.I am still looking for other options.

Regards,

Raj

0 Kudos

Hi Raj

Can you please check BOR object TECHINST? It has some standard events for device movements and I guess you can use them for triggering datex.

Thanks

Rajat