Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find where a node is filled/used

former_member425121
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts

Is there a way to find where a Node is used/filled in a Webdynpro ?

I mean if i have a node in the context and i need to know where this node is filled what i do is look in every method to find where the node is being used/filled, but i do not know is there is a way to find it automatically (like a double clikck for a internal table in ABAP, or like a 'where used' for a table/structure).

Maybe this other doubt is for other thread, but i have seen that if we use the 'Where used' functionality for a Table/Structure Type (unlike that with ABAP programs) for a WDA components it shows only one point/method where the table type is used, not all the methods wich uses this table type. I have done several tests and in some WDA i have 2 or 3 methods wich uses a table type, but the 'Where used' only shows one method. So if i need to modify some table type i do not have a sure way to detect wich WDA methods i need to modify , so my doubt is if there is a way to find a string in a WDA program like in ABAP programs, i mean for search in all WDA component (in all its methods) where that string (the table type) is used .

I hope be clear, thanks in advanced.

Regards

Frank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member425121
Participant
0 Kudos

I guess there is no way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Execute method GET_CLASSNAME_FOR_COMPONENT of class CL_WDY_WB_NAMING_SERVICE passing the WDA component as input. The output would be the generated class name for that WDA component. Open the class using SE24, and use search(CTRL+F) to find any string. Here you can pass the table type as search string in your case.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Srilatha

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Where used list for context elements is avaiable in NW 7.0, Ehp2 version (ECC 6.0, Ehp5 or simply NW 7.02).

Thanks,

Chandra

former_member425121
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Chandrashekhar , unfortunalety that funcionality is noy available in my SAP system.

Do you know or somebody knows if there is a way for search where a node is used/filled in a WDA, i guess there is no way.

Regards

Frank