Prevent Partial Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Need some help please. User requirement: Prevent partial delivery

Standard SAP options

1. CMIR (Customer Material info record)

2. CMR (Customer Master Record)

3. Sales Order - VA01 screen complete delivery option(select this)

Option 1. CMIR -->Laborious,error prone and time consuming. The sales orders for this scenario

usually has 45+ line items. Executing VD51 45+ times can be a pain, moreso for a lazy user.

Option 2. CMR --> can't choose this, as the same customer in the same sales area requires partial

delivery for other sales order(Sales Doc type).

Option 3. Sales Order - VA01 screen complete delivery option(select this). This can be a user

discipline issue, what if the user forgets to check this option. The client doesnot want to leave

anything to chance.

My question:

Is Z development the only option, as I seem to have exhausted all 3 standard options. If so, for the Z

routine, what could be the pseudo logic.

I have this tentative logic.

I have the sales document types for which user wants to make it mandatory to prevent partial

delivery.

So, can I with the help of ABAPper disable picking option in delivery (picking quantity should

always be equal = delivery quantity = Sales order quantity.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With so many variants and "what-if" on your requirement, I believe Z development will be your ideal option.

You may consider using the following logic:

1) User exit: MV50AFZ1

2) In move fields LIKP and LIPS, you can leverage on the use of LIPS-VGBEL to perform a check on the referenced Sales order.

3) Get the SO number and check in VBAK-AUART for Order Type used, and if return code is successful, then throw an error message that says "Only complete delivery is allowed with Order type ZOR1 (ZOR2, ZOR3 etc.)." I suggest using customized error message to control the discipline of user is better than performing automatically the delivery transaction with Picking quantity = Delivery quantity.

4) With the above rule, if checking is unsuccessful (VBAK-AUART nEQ ZOR1, ZOR2, ZOR3 and ZOR4), then allow posting transaction as normal.

Alternatively you can also take a look at V50S0001 - User Exits for Delivery Processing see if it helps.

Hope the above helps.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Kok Wai Phang. You were precise in your answer and I have implemented the same, thanks once again.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Do you want that specific document type shod prevent the partial delivery?

OR

you want for few customers and for few materials in particular document?

Can you please elaborate the issue

dasaradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you want that specific document type shod prevent the partial delivery?

Yes, the user has given me a set of 4 sales order document types(lets say ZOR1,ZOR2,ZOR3,ZOR4) for which he wants this implemented.