cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware Migration for sap R/3 4.7 Ext 200

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

We are Upgrading our SAP R/3 4.7 Ext200 SR1 nonunicode oracle 9.2.0.8 to ECC6 EHP5 Unicode 11.2.0.2.

But first we need to migrate our hardware.(i.e we are shifting the data from our old server to new server).

We will install R/3 4.7 on new sever with oracle 10.2.0.4 and restore database backup from old server oracle 9 to new server oracle 10 .Now i need to know apart from following activities what else i need to consider.

instance profile parameter (ST02). we will give the same parameter value to new servers instance profile

Background Jobs(db13) we will schedule same if DB SID is changed or if we give same DB SID than no need to schedule again

System logical name (BD54)

RFC connections (SM59)

se06,STMS

We have done all above in two testing Servers.

Kindly guide me if any other activity is required.

Kindly support

Gurbir Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member189546
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes please download the system copy guides

www.service.sap.com/systemcopy

regards,

John Feely

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends on your landscape as well, apart from common system copy steps.

For e.g. in Production you might be having various interfaces etc. So, you will have to take care of those too.

Similarly try to extract something related to your landscape so that you don't miss anything, for e.g. registration of new servers into 'mail server' for SMTP/SCOT configuration, printer configuration if host/OS printer drivers/queues are needed etc.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Can you through some lights on interfaces? we have only R/3 system(ERP).Currently we have 3 system land scape DEV-QAS-PRD. and we are migrating only prd. we will set up the STMS again.

SMTP/SCOT we have tested mails in our previous two test servers.

Any thing else to consider

Gurbir Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Interface means if any third party tools are integrated with sap production OR any OS folders/directories/file systems created for customer files/Idoc files/Files required for some jobs in sap - so that you have to create the same filesystems/directories needed onto the new server as well.

I don't think anything else is needed, apart from Solution Manager configuration update - where you need to update new host details for the remote systems.

Thanks

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

All the post migration steps are mentioned in the homogenous system copy guide. Ideal approch would be to refer the guide.

And read all the relevant SAP notes mentioned in the same.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori