Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM + PROXY + Fault Message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

My scenario is JDBC -> BPM <-> Proxy

I developed a BPM has a step-type <SENDER> that is synchronous.

Information on the above step:

. The message interface used an output, an input message and also a Fault Message.

. I'm calling a proxy in the ECC and runs an exception if an error occurs in the application (inside the proxy).

. This exception is returned to the BPM and I run a <block> to handle the exception.

My need is to capture the contents of the exception in the BPM and send this text to another application.

How do I recover the contents of the exception returned by Proxy in BPM?

Thank you,

Aroldo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aroldo, if the service fails, the fault message is returned instead of response message. In order to process the fault message, create a new mapping step in the exception handling block of BPM to map the fault message to another message type which you can use in following process steps.

Regards, Martin

Edited by: Martin Sommer on Nov 28, 2011 12:36 PM

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BPM does not support fault message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, it is not supported in the meaning that the payload of the fault message is not returned to the integration process, so that's right Baskar. The only thing possible is to trigger exceptions for fault messages, see [Sending Messages from Integration Processes Synchronously -> Procedure -> Specify Exceptions|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/43/6211331c895f6ce10000000a1553f6/content.htm].

Possible solutions:

If it is a custom proxy you could change the behavior so that no fault messages are triggered. Instead you return the error message in the payload structure of the response.

If it isn't a custom proxy you could create a custom proxy wrapper with a separate structure for exceptions in the response. Call the implementation of your desired proxy in the wrapper implementation, handle the exception and return the exception contents in the separate structure of the response.

Or you could try to create a data type enhancement for exception contents for the response message, create a proxy from the enhancement, and implement the OUTBOUND_PROCESSING method where you copy the exception messages to the structure of the data type enhancement.

Regards, Martin