cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAI for managed systems residing in separate network

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

We are considering to implement the new Monitoring and Alerting Infrastructure (MAI) with Diagnostics Agents for our SAP systems.

The most of our SAP managed systems reside in separate network (differ from SOLMAN network).

In order to retrieve CCMS-data from these systems we must use RFC connections within SAP router string.

Has someone already successfully set up MAI for managed systems that reside in separate network?

Of great interest are the information about

1) Integration of these systems into DBACOCKPIT of SOLMAN

2) Installation of Diagnostic Agent on remote host

Many thanks for your information.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SAP-SDN,

as for your initial question:

Has someone already successfully set up MAI for managed systems that reside in separate network?
Of great interest are the information about
1) Integration of these systems into DBACOCKPIT of SOLMAN
2) Installation of Diagnostic Agent on remote host 

1.- actually on process, but still don0t found any problem to do on remote network trought sapruter.

2.- actually working and running, the unique limitation is the connection between willy hostagent and wily EM.

as for your next question:

1a) database related data in your Alerting (e.g. tablespaces)
1b) database related data in your IT Performance Reporting/Interactive Reporting (e.g. growth of database)
1c) DBACOCKPIT connection for the remote SAP system

1a) for ewa ABAP you can get that information from a remote netwaork managed system without any problem

1b) for ewa ABAP you can get that information from a remote netwaork managed system without any problem

1c) still on process, but i think that can be possible as well is possible to connect the remote SMD diagnostic agent trought one or more saprouters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Has some one in depth dealt with the new Monitoring and Alerting Infrastructure and can get input for the following requirements?

1) Is it possible to login from an Alert within Technical Monitoring into SAP satellite system that resides in separate network different from SAP Solution Manager?

2) Did you integrate such SAP systems (that reside in separate network different from SAP Solution Manager) centrally into DBACOCKPIT of SOLMAN ?

Thank you!

kind regards

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sir SAP-SDN,

I can confirm you that actually you requirement is possible within SAP solution Manager,we have some solution manager working with a lot of systems that each of them are from a separated netwok of our solution manager.

but can can take care of some problems like that:

1.- SAP solution manager 7.0 and 7.1 can't differ the systems or servernames that share name, and if you get a lot of systems i common to find 2 o more systems or servers than share their name.

2.- You will found problems on RCA for duplicate product systems.

3.- You will fin hard to setup the wily introscope if willy EM is on different network than the managed system, and really complicated to configure that connection trought saprouter.

if you need more information tell me.

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Many thanks for your answer.

Of course I need more detailed/technical information for my requirements.

Did you get any database related data in your SOLMAN for SAP systems that reside in other network than SOLMAN?

1a) database related data in your Alerting (e.g. tablespaces)

1b) database related data in your IT Performance Reporting/Interactive Reporting (e.g. growth of database)

1c) DBACOCKPIT connection for the remote SAP system

To my knowledge it is not possible to provide SAP Router information within SOLMAN_SETUP, Step with DBACOCKPIT settings.

As consequence you will get an ORA-12157, because it is not possible to ping that remote server (there is one or two SAP Router between SOLMAN server and server of managed system).