cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the prioritization in AE of PI7.11

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm working with PI7.0,and i find the new feature about prioritization in the AE of PI7.11.

Relevant URL:http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/46/6ffe8effc20eede10000000a155369/content.htm

I want to know whether my understanding is correct about this feature:

Abbreviation of message status:

TBD = To Be Delivered

DLV = Deliverying

Abbreviation of message prioritization:

NORM = Normal prioritization

HIGH = High prioritization

Assuming there are 4 messages in one AE queue as follow:

TBD(NORM) => TBD(NORM) => TBD(NORM) => DLV(NORM)

When a new message arrives in the AE queue with high prioritization,the AE queue is changed as follow:

TBD(NORM) => TBD(NORM) => TBD(NORM) => TBD(HIGH) => DLV(NORM)

Am i right?

Regards

Yu Ming

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply!

In fact, i met a trouble several days ago about the message prioritization in AE of PI7.0.

The PI has 20 threads of JDBC adapter.There are 6643 messages put into all of the 20 threads.Because of the DB performance,AE needs more than 30min to finish the processing.During that time,any other high prioritization jdbc messages can not be processed.

In PI7.11,if i set high prioritization rule for specific receiver,when its messages arrive,the 21th thread will be created by the AE?

I know there is a solutions base on bundling the 6643 messages into one or several messages instead.

But in AE,i really want to know can i assign some threads for specific receiver or CC,So any other messages will never be put into these threads.

regards

Yu Ming

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when you define priority, a new Queue will be created and all messages that satisfy the criteria will pass through that queue only.

So the vital information here is that, it will be altogether a separate priority queue that will be created and not messages being rearranged within a queue