cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display inspection text from material in inspection lot

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Issue: I have setup a material with "Inspection text" in the "Additional data" section of the material. Now I want to have this text somehow added to the inspection lot, so that the processor of the lot can see this text and adjust his checks.

First idea was to modify the "inspection instruction" form and include the inspection text from the material, but as standard setting the instruction cannot be simply displayed in the lot. One has to print it and then leave the transaction in order to get it processed to the spool.

My questions are

1.) Is is somehow possible to have the inspection instruction displayed within the transaction, so that the processor can view inspection instruction and check if an inspection text is present or not

2.) Would it be possible to use e.g. BADI "QPL1_SUBSCREEN_ADDON" to display this text within the lot, and has someone already done this before?

Regards

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Best and very simple and std is use Inspection Method , no need to use any BADI for that.

Neha is also correct , use the same.

Regards

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Isn't the inspection method/the characteristic valid to all materials assigned to the inspection plan?

Then this will not work, see my comment above.

Regards

Martin

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See inspection method is applicable for each individual MIC. If any MIC comes under those 5% exception then in the insp method text itself you can write your exception inspection text.

This way you can use same inspection plan for all materials.

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello NehSAP,

I am not sure if I understand you right...let me give an example of the situation.

Let's say I have my inspection plan XY with 3 characteristics A,B,C assigned to this inspection plan, and also 3 materials 1,2,3 assigned to the inspection plan as well. Materials 1 and 2 should be inspected based on the inspection plan, while for material 3 there should be an extra comment "handle with care while doing inspection".

My first intention was now to store the "handle with care" within the material master and then to display it somehow (and I do not know how...) within the inspection lot/inspection result processing.

If I now get you right you would recommend to create an inspection method with text "handle with care" and assign it to each of the characteristics A,B,C. But how should I now setup the system to only display the text of the inspection method for material 3?

Regards

Martin

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello NehSAP,

>

> If I now get you right you would recommend to create an inspection method with text "handle with care" and assign it to each of the characteristics A,B,C. But how should I now setup the system to only display the text of the inspection method for material 3?

>

> Regards

> Martin

You can't control inspection text each material wise. In text itself you can mentione this posrtion is applicable to material 1 & 2. Next portion is applicable to material 3.

Otherwise you have to create new inspection plan for 3rd material, so thats why I am telling better to go with above option.

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

NehSAP wrote:

You can't control inspection text each material wise. (...)

Not with the proposed solution. That is why I came up with the inspection text in material master and the respective BADI....but seems like this requirement has not been faced by someone else so far

Regards

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

As far as the querry is concer is to displaye the Inspection method at the time of RR.

if 5% of material may have variations in their inspection methods, than it is nothing but the plan is same but inspection method is vary so for this need to create the seperate plan no need to assign in same inspection plan.

quality plan is the combination of MIC, IM, Sampling Procedures and Catlog and seelcte sets, while if MIC , IM and smapling is changed than we need to maintain the seperate plan with same grp but of diffrent grp ctr and with proper descriptions.

So use method and i will easliy available during RR ( Go as per NehSAP)

regards

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello DGURU,

Thanks for your comment. I am aware of alternatives that might solve the issue, like

- maintaining a separate inspection plan for each of the special materials or

- creation of a separate characteristic for each of these materials and then assigning it within the material specification of this material

But I am still seeking an answer to my original question as well...

Regards

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Martin,

No it is not possible, and ur suggested BADI also not useful as per ur requirement.

Regards

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why are you not using inspection method in this case?

Add inspection text in inspection method and assign this inspection method at MIC level in inspection plan. This way when operator goes to result recording screen, he/she can easily access inspection text before doing any check.

Enen if you enter long text in MIC, which you can access during result check.

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello NehSAP,

I thought of this option as well, however I think in my context it is not applicable. I have one inspection plan that should be used for aboout 95% of materials without any changes. Only for the remaining 5% there should be some "extra" inspection actions to be taken. I want to avoid removing these 5% from the inspection plan and create separate ones for each of them (because the inspection itself is the same, there are just some additional comments/action to be taken, like "take special care"). This is why I thought of the material master as location for this text (the material specification seems to be not working, as there is no place to store this information).

Regards

Martin