cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supplier registration workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

got a couple of questions regarding the Supplier Management feature.

1. What exactly does the 'Supplier field access definition' feature does? If I look at a presentation of Wave 6, it seems as if a field access configuration can be linked to a supplier phase to define which fields are editable or not. We are working on version 7 but we cannot seem to find a way to link both.

2. We want to have a custom workflow (with multiple approval steps) after suppliers have registered via the registration form. We created a supplier type and linked a phase configuration (with multiple phase configured) to it. In the supplier type, the checkbox 'Automatically advance to first status(phase) Requiring Approval' is checked. However, when a supplier registers, it doesn't appear anywhere. We can't find the new supplier anywhere (also not in the 'Supplier Registration Request' channel).

When we remove the phase configuration in the supplier type and register a new supplier, it does appear in the channel.

How can we solve this? Do we need to create 2 supplier types: one for registration and one for the workflow. Once the supplier is registered, change the supplier type and activate the workflow or....

Thanks,

Bram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok sorry for the late response but we discovered it.

Apparently, the vendor appears in the 'For Manual Phase Change Report'.

However, modifications in the supplier portal also trigger this workflow again. Anyone knows if this can be disabled? We only need approve/reject when something has been modified but an entire workflow when a new vendor registers.

Thanks in advance,

Bram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got into this requirement and started exploring supplier registration.. thing is i am still facing the issue what u have faced. Moreover I tried following the way the pankaj has suggested but for strange reason  i am not able to see any supplier type  after selecting supplier modification via workflow class as the parent class for creation of custom document security template.same is case for supplier registration.

Now i want a workflow to be initiated when a supplier changes information and submits it or when a supplier registers via supplier self registration URL which we would provide. workflows are working fine when those things are being done by buyer with supplier admin role.

Any pointers to solve my issue wud be gr8

Thanks,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

How will the link be constructed in a multi-tenant system ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi brampurnot and vaibhav,

I was just trying supplier registration workflow today!.. Encountered same situation of not finding it anywhere ...But later I found out in some "Supplier workflow activity" channel which you need to add it to your workbench by personalizing it..Hope you can find it.. Else wud post the correct name tomorrow (Iam OOO now..:) )..

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

the 'My Supplier Workflow Activities' channel is visible on my workbench but the registration doesn't show up.

Bram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brampurnot,

I have created supplier via create Supplier via workflow from a custom supplier type which has workflow attached to a custom phase. After creating the Supplier and when it was in Created phase I found supplier in My supplier workflow Activities

under For manual Phase change. Then when I changed phase to the Approval attached phase, I found the supplier in the channel for the approver attached at that phase.Then after when the Approver approved the supplier , the supplier was visible in the "search supplier" to me!.. Hope it helps regarding the Supplier workflow..

And coming to registering through Form I thought you might be mentioning Supplier registration at Buy Side! .

Supplier Self registration seems not to be enabled yet on my application , so I dint have idea that it exists. Would let you know if I can try that scenario.

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone can help me out on this one?

We are still having issues with the second point. A vendor registers but it cannot be found anywhere. If we remove the phase configuration from the supplier type, it works.

Thanks,

Bram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brampurnot ,

I was manage to test this functionality.

These steps I followed:

1. Created a new supplier type and has the workflow configuration attached. Also added entry UI2 in ' Sell-Side Supplier registration UI Mapping '. The default self registration page url has to be appended with ' ?UI=UI2 '.

2. Activated the channel ' My Supplier Workflow Activities ' on the Supplier Workbench.

3. Created a Document Security Template for ' Supplier Creation via Workflow'. with 2 inputs :

a: Approvers ( this is a Group )

b : This is Specific User and not the Current owner in the ' Owner ' role.

See how it goes.

Regards,

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

How are modifications managed trough the workflow ? After supplier registers and approved via the workflow, how is edit triggering the workflow ?

Regards,

Simion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apparently I did found a solution for my first question. You can only link it when you have a workflow definition attached. If not, you cannot add a 'supplier field access configuration'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bram,

Did you got any solution for your 2nd point ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Didn't find a solution yet.