cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP 2.0.1 - Server initiated workflow asks for credentials for each notif.

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've got a server initiated workflow based on SAP RFC.

The MBO is propagatinng the credentials from the device, to log on to SAP with each user credentials. If I create a client initiated workflow, I just have to enter the credentials the first time. But with server initiated, each time I receive a notification, the container is asking me for the credentials... Is there any solution to this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

david_brandow
Contributor
0 Kudos

As long as you are OK with having the object query run with the same credentials every time, rather than running with user-specific credentials, then turn on static credentials. The choice for whether to use static/dynamic credentials really only applies to the server-side scenario, on the client, the decision whether to ask for credentials is driven by whether or not you have a credentials screen(s).

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you David,

I didn't see your answer till today but I've got the solution to my problem.

I use static credentials to do the MBO query to the server, and then I use dynamic credentials for the operations.

So my RFC to get the data is always called by the same user but the operations to update the document are executed by the user who receive the notification in his device.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marshal,

I am having the same problem that you having previously, and would like to try out your solution. But, I got question for you regarding your solution.

For example, I got a Leave Approval notification sent to the device. Then user open the Leave Approval workflow application on the device, and the application use static credential to perform the MBO query.

But, when user want to perform Approve/Reject, it will perform the Operation by dynamic credential. Is it when user click on the Approve/Reject every time on each workflow message, the credential screen will prompted to the user every time?

Hope you still can see this thread, and looking forward for your advice.

Regards,

Edison.

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Edison,

Fortunately I've seen your answer, because with the new SCN I don't check the forum like before...

Well, about the question, the problem is that when your device receives the notification, the query to backend is already done, the notification contains all the data already. That's why it's not possible to propagate the device credentials to the query that initiates the workflow.

So when I defined the RFC/BAPI MBO I left the username/password blank, but then I filled the creadential fields for the RFC/BAPI operations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marshal,

I am glad that you saw the question and gave your feedback.

I am understand the MBO query already been carried out when device receive notification. So, in my MBO definition, I had entered the static credential:

But, when I want to Approve/Reject the request, I had created an operation, which expecting Runtime Credential, please see this screenshot:

In my workflow form editor, I created a Credential Request starting point, and in the Credential Screen, I had 2 fields: 1. User Name 2. Password. Both of this fields are set as Credential Cache field. There is one menu item "Save Screen" which perform Submit Workflow.

When the server initiated application launch at first time, it prompted me the credential screen, and I fill up the credential details correctly and submit. After that, the information regarding my request was shown on the screen, and I can choose to Approve/Reject the request now.

For example, I choose to Reject the request. But, the Reject operation is not triggered correctly.

I suspect the Username and Password is not getting correctly by the MBO operation, so I changed the Runtime Credential to static credential for my MBO Operation. Then I trigger the Reject, and now it is working.

So, I am wondering how you setup dynamic credential for MBO Operation? Can you please advice on this?

Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Edison

Answers (0)