cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bind Fields on event

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning,

I have a newbie question. How can we bind a field using javascipt or formcalc on a button click event? At initialization, the field is not binded. However, we will need to bind the field to the data view on button click action. Any suggestion?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member389677
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praboo,

I have also faced the same problem. I have not find the solution to bind the data in a field dynamically.

I have done the requirement in the following way.

1. Load all the data in the data view in a separate subform. Make this subform as hidden.

2. When the user click the button, then assign the field with the required data loaded in the hidden subform.

Hope this will helps you.

Thanks and Regards,

Shaira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaira,

Thanks for your suggestion. I will try this out. At themoment, we are also trying this method but within the same form. Maybe that is the reason why it is not working. One further question. If i then make further changes to the field value, how can i then copy it back to the hidden field (binded)? Just for your info, i am doing this for processes and forms. Thanks

former_member389677
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praboo,

We need to write script in such a way that the value will reflect to the corresponding hidden field whenever the field value change. I think you can use the Calculate event to update the hidden field. Use the calculate event for updating values in fields because this event initiates immediately after most other events.

Hope this will helps you.

Thanks,

Shaira.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning,

Anyone on this topic? Thanks