Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text in TextView with new line

Former Member
0 Kudos

Under Layout > Element Properties[TextView] > Text

As Is

In order for the data to be approved, the hard copy documents should be submitted to HR Administrator as per HR Business Processs. The request submitted online is valid for 14 calendar days only from request date. Should the hard copy is not received by HR Administrator between 14 calendar days, the request will be expired, and the requestor should send the online request again.

To Be

In order for the data to be approved, the hard copy documents should be submitted to HR Administrator as per HR Business Processs.

The request submitted online is valid for 14 calendar days only from request date. Should the hard copy is not received by HR Administrator between 14 calendar days, the request will be expired, and the requestor should send the online request again.

Q: How to do this? There is no problem if we use HTML because I can add "\n\n" at the of "HR Business Process". But this in TextView. Anyone can help? TQVM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At this moment, webdypro doesnt support new line inside the text property of textview.

You can refer the below link also:

As of now, you have to use multiple label or textview to acheive this.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jithin

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

TQVM jithus. problem solved.

since its not possible in Textview, I create multi textview.

Edited by: Perwira Osman on Nov 29, 2011 12:17 PM

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Q: How to do this? There is no problem if we use HTML because I can add "\n\n" at the of "HR Business Process". But this in TextView. Anyone can help? TQVM

Use the FormattedTextView

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/44/51f6dce86e14bce10000000a155369/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try to bind the TextView UIElement property "Text" with a node attribute and set it to the desired text :

wdContext.currentContextElement.set<Attribute_name>("Line 1\n\n Line");

Regards,

ImaneA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had once encountered similar issue. I had to display two separate lines using text view and line break was not possible in text view. As there was only two lines,I split the text into two.Each part was bounded to context value attributes and used two text views to display the same. If the text to be displayed is less, you can try out the same thing. In case of new line you can just bind space character to the value attribute. Please let me know if this works.

Thanks,

Shifa

anand_govardhan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

check this forum [thread|;, its not possible in Textview. However, You can use textedit in readonly.

Regards,

Anand G