Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Tax on Freight & Excise duty on Service

former_member242511
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

In Sales Order From Factory,

1)The Service tax on Freight is paid by customer. ie. one condition type exist that is Service tax on Freight,

Since it is service tax, it should hit RG23A part1

2)Also "Education cess" and "Higher Education Cess" are applicable on service tax paid.

we cant enter Education cess"(JECS) and "Higher Education Cess"(JA1X) twice in Sales Order. one to calculatate on Basic and one to calculate on Service tax.

also if i create 2 diff. condition type JECS and JEC1 , JA1X and JA1Y, how to configure that in CIN "Specify G/L Accounts per Excise Transaction" which supports only one conditon type.

Reg,

Amol

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Unlike excise duty, service tax cannot be mentioned in Specify G/L Accounts per Excise transacion as the excise invoice are created for excise duties billing document

Also service tax will not be displayed in RG23A1 i believe it will be only for goods, correct me if i am wrong

Thanks,

Ramesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While I agree with DSR, you can achieve by having zee condition types for ECess & HECess and assign the required G/L account.

But to my knowledge, there is no such rule in Central Excise and better consult with some tax consultant or check with the business.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge, The "Service tax on Frieght" is not part of Excise duty, even though it belongs to "Central Excise", It can be considered as LST, CST and so for its posting in accounts, Please consult any experienced FICO People.

Reagrds

DSR