cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM:EXEC SERVICES - canceled runtime error STRING_OFFSET_TOO_LARGE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

EWA alerts shows data is available (two bottles symbol), on clicking and scheduling background job SM: EXEC SERVICES to fetch the data to solution manager, job getting failed

(trying to perform session EA1000000000054

MODEL_KEY: NEP 0020480154 HANDLE: 4 MODEL_MODE: E MODEL_VERSNR 00001 MODEL_CLASS: EWA Data Model

Internal session terminated with a runtime error (see ST22)

Job cancelled) shows a run time error STRING_OFFSET_TOO_LARGE, Exception CX_SY_RANGE_OUT_OF_BOUNDS.

checked SDCCN logs of particular session in done tab which shows transfer of data completed to destination (solman)

i am still searching for the possible solution, could you please help with the above error.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check SAP note 952328.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

SAP note mentioned is for oracle datase, we have DB2 database and software component is ST_SER 701_2010_1 SP 3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you updated recently? did you check tx. AGS_UPDATE ??

Regards,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

I have checked the ags_update, all the latest updates are already applied.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don´t know what is your solman stack. In my case ST_SER 701_2010_1 has a minimum requirement but no exact requirement for the stack. Have a look at service.sap.com/sp-stacks.

I had some problems with EWAs using SP09 (diferent dump than yours) and I've recently installed SP10. I don't know if your specific problem will be solved patching this component, but if you can update it, It´s advisable to do it. SP3 is a very old version.

Good luck,

Diego.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please provide further information on the dump in ST22.

Do you see the following or similar information?

Runtime Errors STRING_OFFSET_TOO_LARGE

Exception CX_SY_RANGE_OUT_OF_BOUNDS

Short text

Illegal access to a string (offset too large)

Problem in

"/1AGS/ASQL_OPT_DB6_________003"

"ACTION_067"

Please post relevant parts of the dump to identify the suitable correction.

(see SAP Note 700518 for a detailed description)

Regards, Ruediger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sir,

all the details you have mentioned are same as i have here, i have already raised a ticket to SAP regarding this error before 4 days, their DEV team is working on this error and advised me to wait for some time.

Regards

Karthikeyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Issue is solved. Changed the day of the week in early watch alert amdinistration to monday for all the erp systems and EWA alert for solution to tuesday. Checked the back ground job SM:EXEC SERVICES in client 001, runs daily by user DDIC. Changed the time zone to IND previsouly was CET. Once the cycle of 7 days is over (28 th 04). the background job got finished.

Thanks all for your suggestion.