cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Directory does not exist

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

I tried to change the directory for DIR_TRANS but I encountered the error directory does not exist. The directory is something like that
switest\sapmnt\trans. Anything went wrong? I tried to double check with the original development server, it is set as the same directory, but no error.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Directory location would be like /usr/sap/trans (in case of unix) and <drive>:\usr\sap\trans. This is shared location name that is created during installation.

Thanks

Sunny

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

Actually this directory already exist. However, when I set DIR_TRANS to this directory, it still showing the same message.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is your operating system ?

Thanks

Sunny

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to change the directory for DIR_TRANS but I encountered the error directory does not exist. The directory is something like that
switest\sapmnt\trans. Anything went wrong?

Ideally the share
switest\sapmnt points to the location <drive>:/usr/sap/

Taking your case , sapmnt should point to
switest\<Drivename>\usr\sap.

So will be need to ensure that this location is shared as sapmnt and you have created a folder trans under this location.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

The OS is Windows 2008 R2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to open the share from within the server -> from Start -> Run.?

Maybe the share is not configured properly or else the UAC is blocking access to the share.

Check link http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc770880.aspx

Regards,

Srikishan

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

The path already shared. Under security, I should add in any users? Or just leave it as it was?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please make sure <sid>adm and SAPService<SID> users have full access to the share.

Regards,

Srikishan

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

it should be the <SID> for the domain controller or the server itself? because i'm doing this for a development server, but the domain controller is the production server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ideally the development system is maintained as the domain controller. Also as the transport share should be available to all the systems for access, <sid>adm and SAPService<SID> users for all systems in the transport domain should have access to this common share.

Regards,

Srikishan

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

If I were to maintain the development server as domain controller, will I be able to transport my changes made from development server to production server? based on the setting of the current development server, the production is set as the domain controller.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ofcourse, it is your choice to have either DEV, QA or PROD system as domain controller. But setting DEV system as domain controller eases the transport control a little bit. But irrespective of these, the central transport directory has to be accessible by all the systems.

DEV is made domain controller because it is usually the first system in the landscape and has all the CRs originally created there. But as per SAP Documentation, a domain controller system should be HA as well. So best would be to keep DEV system as primary domain controller and PROD as backup domain controller.

Regards,

Srikishan