cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in using transaction VL04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I'm currently facing a problem with regards to delivery creation using VL04, when I use the create delivery menu, it says that 0 deliveries created without popping any errors. However, when I try the individual deliveries (of course, it will call VL01N in the background), the delivery can be created. Any idea on this one? Is there any requirements for delivery creation in VL04?

Thanks and Regards,

exodia236

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I checked, in u201CVL04u201D you need to mention the u201CShipping pointu201D and Sales Organizational data and shipment data. If you have maintained Shipping Point determination and all relevant details, then you should not have any problem

Where in u201CVL01Nu201D you take the ref. of a Sales order through this all other data comes to the delivery and you may specify shipping point separately.

Please check and try once again.

Regards

DSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Well, I think I must check anything with regards to shipping. However I made a replication in the test box and everything seems to be working unlike in the production box; all the configuration in the production box is exactly the same as that of the test box since we recently had the merge from the production to test box.

Thanks and Regards,

exodia236

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Upon debugging the program, I have noticed that the delivery priority returns by VBAP and VEPVG is not the same, one is "04" and the latter is "03". Do you have any idea where does table VEPVG get its value? Thank you for your response.

Regards,

exodia236

Former Member
0 Kudos

Delivery priority is copied from Sold-to's Customer master Sales area level Shipping tab. The priority value is used to give preferential allotment of deliveries during delivery due list processing, 1 being the highest priority. So if two customer delivery confirmation dates fall on the same day, the one with higher priority will have his delivery created first.

The delivery due list index table VEPVG sort the deliveries by plant, proposed delivery creation date and then by delivery priority and VL04 / VL10 creates deliveries in that sequence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for all your inputs, I just created a job to normalize the difference between VEPVG and VBAP table.

Regards,

exodia236

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear friend,

it could be:

1. authorisation issue - when you got an 0 deliveries run /NSU53 (if you gor an issue forward this log to security or basis)

2. depends on how do you run VL04 - are you sure all select-options your type correctly?

may be you miss something or type incorrect value...

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi my friend,

I'm pretty sure that it's not an authorization issue since I'm using a super user account. For the second point, here is what I did: I enter data in the date selection field. ("From date" = a year ago. e.g Nov. 25, 2010 "To date" = 5 mos after this date e.g. May 25, 2012) and tick the "Order" checkbox and left the PO unchecked. By executing this in VL04, the available orders are generated, however, when I select the orders and perform create deliveries, it says : 0 deliveries created in the log. Hope this helps with understanding my question.

Thanks and Regards,

exodia236

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

there is a 'Flow control' below - did you set "Create deliveries immediately" ?

as default it has "Output list".

also try to execute in Background (use the special button)

and the last.

make sure you have relevant orders in that data period.

(just open another session and make sure you have such orders)

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. The flow is set to output list

2. I haven't tried it yet since I wanted to find out the cause of this error

3. I think I have a relevant orders since I can create the delivery in VL01N.

Thanks and Regards,

exodia236