cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales District in a sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the customer records the Sales District field (BZIRK) is entered on on 10% of the customer records.

When a Sales order is created details are copied from the customer record and the Sales District is entered into the item SalesB tab.

The users need to decide on the correct sales district for that sales order. this may not be the one recorded on the customer details. Not that this is necessarily inaccurate, just not the right one for this sales order.

I have two queries:

1 How can the sales district NOT be copied over to the sales order

2 How can I make an entry in the Sales Order mandatory

I am sure that this is a config thing.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184701
Active Contributor

dear friend,

1. you can remove Sales district from the customer master record (use XD02 for example)

2. include the Sales district into incompleteness procedure for your sales order type (OVA2, VUA2)

good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

If necessary I can create an LSMW to remove the sales district from the customer records using transaction XD02. But I would prefer to keep it there. We have offices in seven states and this shows which office would normally deal with the customer. But a decision has to be made for each sales order as to which sales district will be the managing office.

Is there any way of switching off this field when details are brought over from the customer? Any transactions for the copy control?

Second question: could you give me any the transactions for the incompleteness procedures?

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

my friend,

you may run VTTA and look at your order

my example: i look at OR to OR (target to source)

highlight it and hit Details - you can try to change the Copying requirement and/or

one of DataT reqs

you need to play/test it

if you stop copy the destrict into header it will be stopped to go to items...

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nigel,

1. If your order is copied from a reference document (quote etc) then you can clear off the variable VBKD-BZIRK in a copy control data transfer routine in VTAA between the source quote and target order types

2. In any case, you can clear off VBKD-BZIRK in the user exit routine userexit_check_vbkd in MV45AFZB include. I just tried this by putting a break point in the aforesaid routine and can confIrm, that clearing VBKE-BZIRK here will clear it off in Goto -> Header -> Sales while creating the order in VA01. You too can confirm this by putting a break point in the routine userexit_check_vbkd

3. Regarding adding VBKD-BZIRK to incompletion log, first check out the incompletion procedure assigned to your Sales order type in VUA2. Come to OVA2, select Group 'A' (Sales header) -> Click on Procedures -> Select the Procedure assigned to your Sales order type -> Click on Fields -> add the entry like below

Table Fld name  Description     Screen  Status
VBKD  BZIRK     Sales district  KKAU    01

KKAU means Sales -> Header screen in VA0n transactions and status 01 means general incompletion error

Best regards,

Vishnu T

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI - just to let you know that I am working through the suggestions. The office is closing for the weekend, but I will be back on Monday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transaction VTAA showed me that the incompletion log included the Sales District.

The users advised that the new Business Process requires a decision every time that a Quotation is created. I did say copied, but it is in fact a creation in VA21. The Sales Districts in in the customer record were not needed.

So I have used transaction MASS to delete 3,000 entries of KNVV-BZIRK.

This is in UAT. I will leave this question open for a couple of days, until I have had a response from the users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It has been three days since I performed a mass change to KNA1 for field KNVV-BZIRK. About 50% of the customers had entries.

When they create a quotation or sales order, the sales district appears in the incompletion log. Thanks to all the contributors

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not have transaction VTTA. I had a look on my cheat sheet with 40,000 transactions and this was not there. Is it a typo?

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sorry!

VTAA

Former Member
0 Kudos