cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while signing data-Private key or certificate of signer not available

0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am new to PI. I am currently stuck with an issue. The scenario is as explained below.

We need to check for the service availability before processing the data. So, we test for the RFC connection first from the ECC system. During this process, we access the digital certificate stored in the PI system so that it can be validated and allowed to consume this intended service.

Error :

When we trigger the RFC test from the ECC system, we get an error stating ' Error while signing data - Private key or certificate of signer not available '. But when we test the same functionality within PI system(Locally), we does not encounter any such error. The certificate is maintained and it appears fine.

The communication channels are stored with logon credentials.

Can anyone please help me with this error or provide your valuable inputs. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shivkumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

When we trigger the RFC test from the ECC system, we get an error stating ' Error while signing data - Private key or certificate of signer not available '.

This should be normal behavior since the certificates are not installed in ECC SSL folders of Strust. Why not just install the certificates in the ECC system, perform an ICM restart and do a retest? After all, the certificates would both be the same in PI and ECC.

Hope this helps,

Mark

0 Kudos

Dear Mark,

Many thanks for your reply. The problem is, the certificate is not available for the data sign when we trigger it from ECC system, and same is accessible within PI system. Also we checked with another systems and working fine. It is a bit confusing to identify the exact issue when we are testing it from end to end.

Regards,

Shivkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivkumar,

I am facing the same issue in Production now.Were you able to resolve this?

Thanks and Regards,

Induja