Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM putaway strategy according to height and width pallet

pablo_marn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

We don't know how customize the system for these requirements.

In some storage bins, different type of pallets can be stored. We need that the capacity check be managed by height and width of the pallet. Strategy P is not possible because in the same storage bin we could store different types of pallets (storage unit types).

Example:

- Pallet P1: 50x80 (Height x Width)

- Pallet P2: 70x80

In a storage bin 100x160, 4xP1 or 2xP1 pallets can be stored. In this case, the capacity check is easy according to storage unit type (for example P1 usage = 1, P2 usage = 2, bin capacity = 4).

But, if we define these SUT usages, if the bin measure is 140x160, we could store 4xP1 or 4xP2, so this SUT usages are not valid.

If we define the usages according to the higth (ie. P1=50, P2=70), the first bin capacity would be 200, but in this case if there are 2xP2 pallets in the bin, the capacity used is 140, so a new P1 pallet could be stored there (and this is not possible...).

Could anybody help me?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

[Check This|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/en/c6/f85c504afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm]

Additional Option

If you assign the same bin type and a different storage unit type to the same section key, is also possible for you to putaway more than one type of pallet into the same storage bin.

pablo_marn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer Magnus.

You are right, it is possible to place two pallets with different SUT in the same bin, but it doesn't solve the problem.

Using the same example:

- Pallet P1: 50x80 (Height x Width)

- Pallet P2: 70x80

- Bin B1(100x160): 4xP1 pallets or 2xP2 pallets

- Bin B2(140x160): 4xP1 pallets or 4xP4 pallets

There is no way to define propertly the capacity check.

Any idea??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo, of course you are correct =o)

Although it is possible to assign different SUT's, the P-check seems to not take this into consideration. I believe that there are two ways to solve this:

1. User exit for capacity check

2. Using slotting (if EWM is implemented)

For User Exit, I found this: http://sapass.metro.client.jp/UserExit/MWMTO003.htm

By knowing what kind of SUT is populated in the bin, I think it would be a quite simple task to define which SUT's that are allowed to be placed.

pablo_marn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Magnus,

sorry, but I cannot find any user-exit for capacity check. The best solution would be any user-exit that allow me modify the consum of each SUT according to the storage type. Do you have any idea about how to do it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

I did another discovery: User Exit MWMTO007 - Palletization and storage type search for stock placements. Could this be what you are looking for?

pablo_marn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Magnus,

unfortunately that user-exits doesn't help me. I have searched for a capacity check user but I think that it doesn't exist. Do you know another way to set out this problem?? I wouldn't like to create a big develpment to solve a problem that is not so strange.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

1. Did you maintain the SUT capacity usage for the different pallets (SUT's)? (See config for SUT's)

2. And then, did you maintain the capacity field on the bin? (do this in the bin master maintenance)

3. And last, what capacity method is set for the ST? I would think that "5" will work for you. (See config for ST's)

With this you can make the following calculation:

SUT1 capacity = 1

SUT2 capacity = 2

Bin Capacity = 5

So upon putaway you can add any combination of SUT's as long as the capacity =< 5.

Remember, you will need SUT Check & SU management to be active in the ST.

Try this and let us know.

Regards,

Hein

pablo_marn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hein,

yes, I am using these 3 steps that you explain in your post.

Your calculation works great with this casuistry:

- BIN1 = 2 SUT1 or 4 SUT2

But I have other bins where the capacity is:

- BIN2 = 4 SUT1 or 4 SUT2

In this case, your calculation is not valid.

I don't know how to customize this...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pablo,

I can see where the problem comes in: In the smaller bin, you can place 4 x P1 OR 2 P2's, but in the bigger bin you can still only place 4 x P1 OR 4 P2's. Is this correct? Can't you add another P1? Sorry to say, but it doesn't make sense that you cannot place more of the smaller pallets, but more of the bigger pallets?

Two options:

1. I believe then also that you must make use of a user exit. Please use MWMTO003, EXIT_SAPLL03A_001.

2. You can create a new ST with strategy P for the bigger bins and setup bin sections for this. This will then allow a maximum of SU's, no matter of which pallet size. Will this work?

Regards,

Hein

pablo_marn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hein,

that's exactly my problem. It is easy to undestand with this example:

P1: 50x80

P2: 70x80

Bin1: 100x160

Bin2: 140x160

As you can check, in Bin1 we can store 4xP1 or 2xP2, and in Bin2 4xP2 are allowed but just 4xP1.

I cannot find any way to use strategy P to solve this problem. I can define a maximum of 4 pallets in these bins, but the problem is the same...

If you don't have any other idea, I think that the unique solution is develop a custom strategy with user-exits.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pablo,

You can use strategy P as I explained, and then with a user exit check that you do not allow more than one SUT in the bin?

Good luck,

Hein

pablo_marn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hein,

this is not a solution for me because I could have more than 1 SUT in the same bin.

For example, in Bin1 I could store 2xP1 + 1xP2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pablo,

OK, cool.

My idea was:

If the bin types were seperate (not in same structure), then create 2 ST's:

1. 1st ST: using the SUT capacity method to only allow 4 P1's or 2 P's or the combination thereof which is less than bin capacity

2. 2nd ST: Use strategy P with bin sectioning without capacity check on SUT, for you can hold a max of 4 pallets in any combination (P1's & P2's)

Thx and go well,

Hein

pablo_marn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hein

Thank you very much for your answer! It would be nice if we would have just 2 pallet types, but there are more than 15 so this solution is not valid for us.

In addition, I was serching for a unique Putaway strategy for both cases... I suposse the unique solution is create a user-exit strategy.

Anyway, thank you again Hein.

Answers (0)