Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.20 Installation Problem via Installation Server

michael_ellis
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All

I've downloaded SAP GUI 7.20 compilation 3 and created an installation server, which i've also patched with Patch Level 9.

The version of NwSapSetup.exe on the server is 8.6.1.74

I'm trying to install the GUI on a Win7 x64 machine (tried as both a local administrator and a regular user) via the command >
servername\720sapgui\setup\nwsapsetup.exe /package. The setup program starts ok, i can see my installation package listed, but to the right is the message: This Package cannot be installed as it contains components with failing prerequisists.

And I cannot continue..

help!!

I've tried to search on what the prerequisists are but have been un-successul.

Thanks all.

Edited by: Michael Ellis on Nov 24, 2011 6:37 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP SETUP 9.0 patches can be accessed via the following selections.

Select Software Downloads > Support Packages and Patches > Brouse our Download Catalog Selection> SL TOOLSET > SL TOOLSET 1.0 > SAP SETUP > SAP SETUP 9.0 > Support Package Patches > Windows Server on IA32 32bit

Download: SAPSETUP90P1SP00_6-20008539.EXE; SAPSETUP90P2SP00_6-20008539.EXE; SAPSETUP90P3SP00_6-20008539.EXE as needed. Last changed as of this posting 21.03.2012.

SAPSETUP90P2SP00_6-20008539.EXE contains version 9.0.1.19

Hope this helps someone.

Regards,

Dan Mead

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP has a Dec 9, 2011 update to Note 1587566 - Installation problems with NwSAPSetup Version 8.6/9.0

NwCheckWorkstation showed COM controls as not registered if their typelib version was higher then 15 (9.0.1.4)

Beginning with version 9.0 NwSapSetupAdmin requires the .NET version 4.0 runtime.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The note says:

"You download the latest version and support packages from SAP Service Marketplace https://www.service.sap.com/swdc -> Support Packages and Patches -> A - Z Index -> "S" -> SL Toolset -> SL Toolset 1.0 -> Entry By Components -> Frontend installer."

When I get to 'Entry by components' I don't see 'Front end installed'.

Please advise.

Edited by: J. Walton on Dec 12, 2011 12:59 PM

michael_ellis
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi - thanks for the info

Im just about to install the .net framework update now and give this a try

Will post back the results

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

as J. Walton points out, there is no such entry "Frontend Installer" in "Entry by components". My version is still 8.6.1.74 on the installation server.

I also tried to install .NET 4 (on the installation server AND the client), but it didn't solve the problem either

Can someone tell me where to download the 9.0 NwSapSetupAdmin? I will try if the new version solves the problem...

Kind regards,

Jann

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey there

my results:

-

1.)

-

- SAP GUI 7.20 compilation 3

- Patch Level 9

- NwSapSetup.exe 8.6.1.74

=> This Package cannot be installed as it contains components with failing prerequisists

-

2.)

-

- SAP GUI 7.20 compilation 3

- Patch Level 9 Hotfix 2

- NwSapSetup.exe 8.6.1.74

=> works fine

here you can find the patch level 9 hotfix 2 :

Marketplace - Software Downloads - Support Packages und Patches - Browse our Download Catalog - SAP Frontend Components - SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS - SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS 7.20 CORE - Win32 -> gui720_09_2-10007878.exe (SAP GUI for Windows 7.20 PL 09 Hotfix 2 (note 1489891))

good luck!

Edited by: Robert Batliner on Dec 13, 2011 10:10 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, for me applying patch 9 hotfix 2 didn't solve the problem The problem still exists.

Regards,

Jann

Former Member
0 Kudos

it's left to say that first i've applied PL 9 and then PL 9 HF 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I have applied PL 9 two or three weeks ago. Today I applied PL 9 hotfix 2 but the problem still exists. May opening a call is reasonable?

Regards,

Jann

Former Member
0 Kudos

strange. i would guess: yes

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are running Office 2010, deselect u201COutlook client extensionu201D under SAP GUI for Windows 7.20 (Compilation3) , SAP General Add-Ons

michael_ellis
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi - Update from me

I have updated the installation server and installed Hotfix 9 Update 2 - but sadly I still have the same problem.

This Package Cannot Be installed as it contains components with failing prerequisists

0 Kudos

My deployment is now working!

Here is what I did:

1. Patched the server with PL 9, and then PL 9 HF 2.

Didn't fix the problem.

2. Went in to the Install Server Admin Tool, Right-click on package, Configure this package, Change package content.

I removed SAPPhone Call Status Control, Sapphone server, MS word link via rfc, report writer ms excel link (legacy components).

We don't use any of these components.

And hey presto, I can now deploy!

Hope this helps others with their deployment woes.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

Note [1587566|http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1587566]Installation problems with NwSapSetup Version 8.6

has been updated with the correct location to download the files.

Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jude

the note was updated but still I cannot find the files to download. I just now was given the installation files and updated my installation server to 9.0.1.4 but still have the same problem:

This Package Cannot Be installed as it contains components with failing prerequisists

I opened a call to SAP on this issue. I'll also try to reconfigure my packages like James Walton did and try it again.

Kind regards,

Jann Willms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved!

The package content which causes the problem is: "SAP GUI for Windows 7.20" -> "General Add-On" -> "Extention for Outlook Client Synchronisation" (or similar, only know the exact german term).

Simply remove this from your package (I had to delete and recreate the whole package), and the installation works fine!

Kind regards,

Jann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot .  I had the same problem and after removing the client sync extension from the package everything worked.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

they answer that keeps on giving... TY Jann, that was my proboem too!

Wish i'd have found this 3 days ago

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try SAP Note 1587566 - Installation problems with NwSapSetup Version 8.6 / higher. There are program errors in the following NwSapSetup.exe file versions: 8.6.1.38 delivered with Patch 6 for SAP GUI 7.20

Until NwSapSetup is available on the SMP you can get it via SAPmats (see Link below). With the newer version of NwSapSetup on your installation server the client update can be repeated, which will fix the problems.

The URL to the fix on SAPmats is:

SapSetup_patch.exe (patch to SapSetup):

https://sapmats-de.sap-ag.de/download/download.cgi?id=W8AH3T273H6U9T2H25SFL5PIFVEJQWLL19S46R1UIMOET4...

SapWUS_patch.exe (patch to SapSetup, SAP AWUS, SapStart):

https://sapmats-de.sap-ag.de/download/download.cgi?id=KCIODF5GYRFJ0I9GID1IVQQ0H6XN82S6PQ3KW9IQKWCSXT...

SapSetupPdbs.exe (PDB files for all of the above):

https://sapmats-de.sap-ag.de/download/download.cgi?id=GCBBOW18Q4H9GAKA0M90PR271P5HE4ZVFL2LJ6C8FSH9MM...

(updated: November 21 2011)

The first two downloads are Patch Executables that can be applied to your installation server with NwSapSetupAdmin.exe (-> apply patch).

Recreate any Selfextracting Executables for your packages generated with older versions of NwSapSetup after application of the patches.

The third download should be applied to the installation server or the workstation in case a tool crashes. If the crash can be reproduced after unpacking the PDB files, the log files give more details about the crash and allow for faster fixing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

as Michael already wrote in his first post his (and also my) version is 8.6.1.74 which is the latest version. All tree products (Administration Tool, Installation Server Version and Workstation Installer Version) are at the latest patchlevel.

Any further suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am experiencing the same problem.

It was working perfectly fine up until a couple of weeks ago.

I'm thinking perhaps a recent Windows Update may have affected this? It's the only thing that has been installed on my server hosting the installation tool, and on the client machines.

Have the rest of you recently installed updates on your server and clients?

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Have you checked that VS2008 SP1 and MSXML are installed on the destination computer?

These can be found in the path \NW_7.0_Presentation\PRES1\GUI\WINDOWS\WIN32\system of the compilation DVD that

you just downloaded.

Check the nwsapsetup.log file for errors.

They will be displayed as 1E ,2E , for errors, and 1W , or 2W , for warnings.

Regards,

Jude

michael_ellis
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jude

Thanks for your reply

I've just installed these onto my test laptops and still I am unable to complete the installation due to the same error message.

Here is an extract from the end of the log file - any other ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

-

09:30:07 NwSapSetUI 1 UI: Show welcome page

09:30:08 NwSapSetUI 1 UI: User Clicked Next

09:30:08 NwSapSetUI 1 UI: Show tree page

09:30:08 NwSapFeiUt 1 Condition '%PackageIsDisabled%=1' evaluated to false.

09:30:08 NwSapSetUI 1 Disable from selection: 'SAP GUI 7.20 Package' - Condition not fulfilled.

09:30:08 NwSapSetUI 1 Condition '%PackageIsDisabled%=1' evaluated to false.

09:30:08 NwSapSetUI 1 Disable from selection: 'SAP GUI 7.20 Package' - Condition not fulfilled.

09:30:09 NwSapSetUI 1 UI: User Clicked Cancel - Quit

09:30:09 NwSapSetup 1 Script: Aborted by the USER.

09:30:09 NwSapsEngn 1 Engine: Shutting Down Installer

09:30:09 NwSapsEngn 1 Engine: flushing memory

09:30:09 NwSapSetUI 1 UI-Manager: Flushing memory and resources

09:30:09 NwSapsAtlC 1 StringTable released

09:30:09 NwSapSetUI 1 UI Manager deleted

09:30:09 NwSapsEngn 1 DM Deleted

09:30:09 NwSapsAtlC 1 DE Deleted

09:30:09 NwSapsEngn 1 Engine: flushing memory

09:30:09 NwSapsEngn 1 This Engine Instance lasted 0.0666667 minutes

09:30:09 NwSapsEngn 1 Engine Deleted

09:30:09 NwSapsEngn 1 EngineContext released

09:30:09 NwSapsAtlC 1 StringTable released

09:30:09 NwSapSetUI 1 SapSetup UI Library Unloaded

09:30:09 NwSapsEngn 1 SapSetup Workstation Engine Library Unloaded

09:30:09 NwSapsAtlC 1 SapSetup ATL Common Library Unloaded

09:30:09 NwSapSetup 1 -

09:30:09 NwSapSetup 1 Return-Code: 67

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I have the same error on some clients, too. I don't know a solution but may my workaround helps:

When you are unable to select the package you created, on bottom left of the window is an option "List of available products" (or similar, I only know the german term). Click this and you can choose the components you want to install. The strange thing is, that I can always select all components which are in the package and install them properly.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jann

michael_ellis
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jann

Thanks for your note - this is the same for me too. I can also install all the componets via this method

Its strange because it then indicates the prerequisists are not to do with the actual software installation, but i think they are more related to the installation server.

I have confirmed remote registry is running and also the LSH service on the installation server is also running and configured correctly (with a domain administrator account).

I want to be able to deploy silently therefore i do need a solution - so i will keep the post open and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction - which will help you out too

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

Did you run a Server Check on the installation server?

NwSapSetupAdmin.exe .... 'Check Server' menu option in the GUI.

Bob H

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have exactly the same problem and for me the server check was successful (no error, all data exists).

michael_ellis
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi - I have just run the "Check Server" wizard and it also completes and says no files were found to be missing on this installation server.... still cannot install using my pre configured package