cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we update the NW 7.3 WAS behind MII without any buyware?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,.

We are testing out the possibilities of upgrading/migrating from xMII 11.5 to MII 12.2

We are currently running a test MII 12.2.2.8 on NW 7.3 PLAIN/UNPATCHED.

We would like to eliminate known & solved NW 7.3 errors as the cause of our MII 12.2.2.8 errors so we would like to update NW 7.3 to the latest level before concluding on evaluation of MII 12.2.

But our (external) SAP Basis Consultant says that updating NW with support stacks is almost impossible without "Solution Manager" which is an external SAP buyware product.

Is that really right?

We are basically interested in upgrading our MII installation (which we paid support mainteance for all the years), not in buying a lot of extra expensive SAP systems (Solution manager, PCO, NWDI etc.) in the progress.

SAP prommised us all the years that the upgrade was free if we paid maintenance...

So was that promise right?

How do we update NW 7.3 without buying stuff? Is that "just do it" or practically impossible?

Thank you very much in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mogens

I am pretty sure this can be done without Solution Manager. Upgrading NW 73o Java requires only upgrading the Java Archives (SCAs). All you should need to do is go to Service Market Place -> SAP Download Center Tab -> Support Packages and Patches > SAP Netweaver -> Entry By Component -> AS Java.

You will see the different components of the AS Java listed. Download the Latest SP/Patch for all the archives you need (Based on your Usage Type). For MII NW usage type BASIC is enough. Ensure you have the same SP for all the SCAs you download.

Copy all the SCAs to the EPS/in folder of your NW Server. Use JSPM to deploy all the SCAs. It will ask you to restart once and auto restart the server a couple of times. After this you are good to go. I guess the latest SP available on SMP is SP05 but I may be wrong.

Best regards

Partha