cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDM agent is not registered with SDM server of Solution Manager server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in process of configuring EWA report for JAVA stack of SAP system along with ABAP stack. For ABAP stack the EWA report generation is straight forward and it is working fine. We are facing the problem while configuring EWA report for JAVA stack. Pls. find below the steps that we have followed and currently where we are stuck,

1) Installation of Willy introscope on Solman server.

2) Define JAVA component for each SAP system in SMSY

3) Installation of SDM Agent on all managed systems

4) Trying to attach SDM Agent to SDM server(solman) with the use of smdsetup.bat (managingconf & sldconf ).still we are getting error in smd agent log file as given below:

===============

Nov 24, 2011 6:16:09 PM [Thread[Connector,5,main]] Info [p4://xxxx.xxxx.int:8103] Checking server availability...

Nov 24, 2011 6:16:39 PM [Thread[Connector,5,main]] Error Failed to connect to SMD server - user: SMD_ADMIN

Nov 24, 2011 6:16:39 PM [Thread[Connector,5,main]] Warning Connecting to SMD server p4://xxx.xxx..int:8103 failed - error counter: 0 - com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception while trying to get InitialContext. [Root exception is com.sap.engine.interfaces.cross.DestinationException: cannot establish connection with any of the available instances

* Nested exceptions are:*

* com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4IOException: Cannot open connection on host: xx.xx.xx.xx and port: 8103*=================

5) The solman_setup t-code execution is successful in Solman server.

6) Trying to configure Technical system for JAVA system type through solman_setup : At this time we are getting another error as shown below:

========

The Managed System does not fulfil the Diagnostics prerequisites

Software with prerequisite are incorrect: Found SAP J2EE ENGINE 7.00 with sp level 0, minimum sp level required is 9: Please install or upgrade the required software component.========

I have gone through the SAP note: 1274287 : My solman system is already on the required patch level for LMservice and St 400 SP. Also, the managing systems Java patch level is more then sp06 which is minimum level required.

I need your help to know, why i am getting this SAP J2EE ENGINE 7.00 patch level error although my Java stack is up to date with the required patches.

Waiting for your reply friends.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please let us know your solman version.

check and apply the sap note

[Note 1277258 - Diagnostics prerequisite check failure|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1277258]

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked the provided SAP note. we are on Solman Ehp1 SP24 and the given SAP note has already been covered in the ST-400-SAPKITL434.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you already checked this note??

Note 1471639 - SMSY: Incorrect patch level for Java software component

Is the lastest version of the solman central note installed?

Note 1405878 - SAP Solution Manager: Basic functions: SP22 to SP26

Is recomended to have always the latest version installed.

Cheers,

Diego.