Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing determination for free goods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please help me for the following issue:

This is with regarding pricing determination. I have a requirement that, for each 10 quantities of Material ABC sold out, 3 quantities of same material ABC is given free. In VBN1, I have set the requirements as such.

Material ABC has Basic discount of 20%, Excise duties and VAT.

While entering 10 quantities in 1st line item of Sale order, automatically 2nd line item generates with 3 quantities of the Same material. Item category for 2nd line items is TANN:

ORNORM_______+ TAN = TANN.

In VOV7, have defined Pricing as "B =Pricing for free goods(100% discount)" for TANN. The issue here is,

For the 2nd line item (Free goods), negative values and Tax values are getting updated because system calculates BED, VAT, 20% discount for both line items in the sale order.

When I changed the Pricing as Blank (No Pricing) in TANN item category. 2nd line item also (i.e free goods) behaves like 1st line item (Chargeable). I want the system to calculate VAT, BED, 20% discount only for the chargeable item not for free goods.

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Maintain Condition type R100 before Tax conditions and try.

Dasaradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thank you for your valuable time.

R100 condition type is already being used before taxes and discount.

System calculation as below:

1st line item (Chargeable): For 10 quantities

DNP -

Discount 4% -

200 (Negative)

BED 10.3% -

Vat 13.5%----

Total----

{4800 + 468 (BED) + 648 (Vat)}

2nd Line item (Free goods): For 3 Quantities

DNP----

R100 Discount----1500 (Negative) = Value is getting zero here itself {DNP - R100 (1500 - 1500)}

Discount 4%----

60 (Negative)

BED 10.3%----

Vat 13.5%----

Total----

{60(Negative) + 140(BED) + 194.4 (Vat)}

For the 2nd line item, negative 60 value, BED and Vat values are being calculated.

Hope that I have specified my requirement clearly, can you please let me know what should be done, if there should be no 4% discount, BED and Vat values for 2nd line item (Free goods).

Thank you,

Vijay N

Former Member
0 Kudos

2nd Line item (Free goods): For 3 Quantities

Try out this changes in Pricing Procedure

DNP----

R100 Discount----1500 (Negative) = Value is getting zero here itself {DNP - R100 (1500 - 1500)}

Net Value 1 ............ 'ZERO' (DNP - R100 discount)

Discount 4% of Net value 1 (use step numbers)----

which will give you zeor insted of 60 (Negative)

**Net value 2 .................. zero as 4% of zero is zero

BED 10.3%on net value 2 -

zeor insted of 140

net value 3 ............................... sum of net value 2 + BED which is zero

Vat 13.5% on net value 3----

zero as 13.5% of zero is zero insted of 194.4

Total----

0 insted of {60(Negative) + 140(BED) + 194.4 (Vat)}

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Suhas,

That was quite good. I dint think of simple arithmetic calculation. Thank you so much.. Rewards.

Regards,

Vijay N

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It can possible in standard sap to deactivate a certain condition type

The activation and deactivation of a specific condition type is controlled by the REQUIREMENT for the condition type in the pricing procedure.

The best example is the condition types R100 & NRAB...which will be active only for free goods.

You can create a custom routine that can handle your requirement and assign it in the pricing procedure.

Hope this will helps you

Dasaradha

Edited by: dasaradha ramireddy on Nov 27, 2011 6:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use R100 condition type in your pricing procedure then this will give 100% discount, this condition type will effect only for second line item only.

Thanks

seshu

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Discount is always negative so when you are calculating the excise duties and VAT that is also should be in negative because your base amount is Negative so what you can do is i am not sure whether it is correct or not try like this

Maintain another condition type with positive and maintain in the Pricing procedure below the discount mention that it is statistical and mandatory

otherwise write a requirement with the help of ABAPer and assign that requirement to corresponding condition type

Regards,

Prasanna