Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free goods concept - Quantity evaluation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can you please tell me, what I have missed out for the following:

This is with regarding free goods concept (VBN1). I have configured a Material X in VBN1 in such a way that, for every 10 quantities, 3 quantities of same material X is given free.

Configuration defined has follows:

Inclusive

Material: X

Min qty: 1

Are free: 3

Cal. rule: 1 (Pro rata)

Free goods category: 1 (Inclusive rebate - with Item generation)

While entering 10 quantities in the 1st line of Sale order, automatically 2nd line is getting created with the quantity 3. But, the 1st line item quantity is being changed from 10 to 7.

I want the system to generate as 10 quantities in 1st line item and 3 quantities in 2nd line item. What I have missed out here.?

Please help me..

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Try with Exclusion rather than inclusion

check and Revert

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Prasanna,

Its working now, I have tried Exclusive way. I have given Same material as such, system derived 2 line items as 10 and 3.

Thank you for your effort, Rewards.

Vijay N

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Its SAP Standard Behavior.

It is showing 2 line items because of Free goods category: 1 (Inclusive rebate - with Item generation)

If you want only one line item you should select Free goods category: 3 (Inclusive rebate- Without item Generation)

System to cannot generate as 10 quantities in 1st line item and 3 quantities in 2nd line item. Its not in SAP standard process.

Hope this will helps you

Dasaradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Dasaradha,

Thank you for the valuable time.

When I tried with Free goods category: 3 (Inclusive rebate- Without item Generation),

Only 10 quantities exist (Whatever I have feed), no free goods of 3 quantities has been derived.

Thanks,

Vijay N