cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRCv10.0- Process Control & Report/Dashboard Development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

Does anyone have documentation around the custom report development in GRC-PCv10.0. ? We are looking to build some custom reports and it seems like this can be done either web dynpro and/or crystal. It will be great if some one could share report customisation done via web dynpro. We are looking to build a report that provides a unique listing of risks and controls. Additionally, we are also looking to create custom dashboards and if there is any documentation around that would be of immense help.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

claudenir_araujo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

Are you going to use Crystal reports or Webdynpro?

I can help you with the documents but need to know exactly what are you going to use because if that will be Crystal then the configuration is quite different from webdynpro!

Regards,

Claud Araujo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claud,

We are trying to develop custom reports and it is my understanding that this can primarily be done via Webdynpro? Can we build custom reports utilising crystal as our first point of reference? Can you please share some documentation around this.

claudenir_araujo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

GRC PC/RM uses two ways of reporting, the standard one is the webdynpro and the secondary one is the Crystal!

Basically the Crystal has some resources that doesn´t exist in the webdynpro and also in the webdynpro you can query the report first!

You can have both environment configured and running in the PC/RM!

I have some guides on webdynpro, as my mainly duties are related with GRC and crystal remains to Business Objects but I can see what I got and show you!

Please, send me your email address as well?

Regards,

Claud

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the way we are now on Version10.0. I understand that PC/RM report development can be done via both webdynpro or crystal. It would be ideal to get documentation around both. Additionally, it would be great to a point of view around what SAP suggests is the best way for report development and build.

I am not being allowed to post my email add.

claudenir_araujo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

I understand that and will post here some locations where you can find out the reference guides!

Also will try to get a brief about the material I have with me!

About the SAP recommendation, it will depends on our environment, how many users, what level of integration do you need, need integration with other Office tools, questions like that need to be answered in order to better provide you an answer!

Talking about my experience, I can say that Crystal is a very good tool to provide enhancements for the reports and also give us some more possibilities!

But as it´s not a requirement to have Crystal, it´s quite hard to say what is the SAP recommendation! Also, Crystal will need to be licensed separeted from GRC products!

Regards,

Claud

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is was my understanding that as part of GRCv10.0 crystal reporting is readily available. users would like to download reports in excel format. currently, what we are trying to do is assess and spec out what it will take to develop a custom report either via webdynpro or crystal. for this we need some detailed understanding around how this can be achieved in both. Once we have this then we will define what is the best way for us to develop a report that is provides the information required by the user. If you provide me with you email address then I can share more details with you.

claudenir_araujo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

There has been a great enhancement in flexibility for a user to generate reports as per his/her requirement. In the new version 10.0 we can now create reports without writing any code and publish in Business Object as Crystal Reports.

There are more options as well on the tool which one can pick to report as the data mart feature in SAP GRC version 10.0 is enhanced to send data into various reporting formats, these different formats ranging from Xcelsius dashboards to webdynpro based reporting can be a requirement of different stakeholders in the organization at taking a look at it.

Have you got a chance to open a message at SAP Support?

As soon as I finish my documentation I will get in touch with you!

Regards,

Claud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claud,

It is my understanding as well that reporting is much simpler and flexible in GRCv10.0 but there is no documentation made available around it yet. I did also raise a message but did not get much help in terms of documentation to move things forward.

I am looking forward to getting the relevant documentation from you. Please do let me know when you will be able to share this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claud!

Can you share with me this information about reports?

I'm dealing with some task about reports and it would be great if you can send me anything about reports.

Thanks a lot!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claud,

Hope you are doing well...Do you have any further information to share? I am looking to cost out the estimate for building a custom report in GRCv10.0 and need some assistance...The documentation you mentioned would be a great starting point.

claudenir_araujo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

Sorry for this long delay! I am working on the documentation and will publish that as soon as possible and will also let you

know prior of that!

Thank you and regards,

Claud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claud,

i really appreciate your help with this. At my current client I need to develop a technical specification for the custom report so that I can accurately cost out the estimate and effort. Will it be possible for you to get this to me today or by over the weekend.

Much appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claud,

Hope you are doing well. Do you have any further updates around the documentation?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claud

Please share this info with me as well.

Thanks for this man !

Sameel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claud,

We also try select variants for reporting in GRC now.

Please, share this info with me to.

Thanks in advance!

Igor

claudenir_araujo
Participant
0 Kudos

I don't know if you all got a chance to get this information.... really apologize for this.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20b27733-1f24-3010-96b9-98a81adfd...

Please, check this out.

Claud.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi even I am looking for documentation around the custom report development in GRC-PCv10.0. Can you please share.

claudenir_araujo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manisha,

I have some step by step and also there are information in the wiki page below:

Governance, Risk and Compliance Home - Governance, Risk and Compliance - SCN Wiki

Please, provide your email or send direct message to me and I will send you the guides?

Thank you.

Claud.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claud,

Have you been able to share your documentations on how to configure custom reporting/dashboard on PC 10.x ?

There is actually a lack of information on this trickysubject.

Regards,

Joss