Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Accessing WD ABAP Screen from Portal

former_member182205
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have created 1 WD ABAP application and which we want to access it through portal.

for this we have created 1 WD ABAP iview in portal and we have mentioned there in iview system object name (R/3 Dev, 230 client) and the WD ABAP application name.

This iview is assigned to 1 role and that role is assigned to the user. but the problem is when i login to portal and access this role, I am not getting WD ABAP screen instead R/3 login screen is coming and its asking for R/3 user ID and password.

Also its showing: No switch to HTTPS occurred, so it is not secure to send a password

My Question is :

1) Why R/3 login screen is coming why not abap wd screen is displayed. What mistake I have done in creating iview? Can you please help me on this ?

2) Is SSO (single sign On) is mandatory for displaying/accessing ABAP WD screen from portal ? OR without SSO also we can access ABAP WD screen.

Also when I am trying to enter correct R/3 user ID and correct password, it is not taking that also. Same R/3 login screen is coming again and again.

Please reply.

Edited by: User Satyam on Nov 24, 2011 10:59 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI.

I hope SSO is not configured correctly. That is the issue.Check with your consultant.

and i hope your application is using either r/3 tcode, am i right?

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your portal and webdynpro abap are running in two different servers. Your abap iView has to get content from application server abap. In short every request from Portal has to be authenticated either by user mapping or SSO and any other authentication (whatever it may be ).

Also when I am trying to enter correct R/3 user ID and correct password, it is not taking that also. Same R/3 login screen is coming again and again

This you need to investigate, it is possible you go to different system/Client where in your user id is not authorized .