Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales BOM Header Material should not come in J1IJ or delivery

former_member182379
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have one depot plant, Now i am using the sales BOM, I have created one Material header with item category LUFM pricing at item level only, BOM is created, When I am entering the Header material in SO then alll child items are coming, then while creating the delivery all the child items and also the header items is coming in the delivery but same is coming in the J1IJ also I want that the header materal should not come in the J1IJ and it will be better if it is not in delivery if i set the indicator delivery block for header materia in SO then that item si not coming in Delivery but SO is shoing in Open SO as the header material is not delivered.

So is there any setting for this.

Also in quotaion I have maintain the item category assignment I have assign QT - LUFM - AGN

but whhen I am entering the header material in VA21 Ffor which the item category is LUFM system is giving the error message

No item category available (Table T184 QT LUMF )

regards,

zafar

Edited by: zafar karnalkar on Nov 24, 2011 7:56 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182379
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done by making the sales order using the BAPI wihtout selecting the Heafer material in the SO.

regards,

zafar

Former Member
0 Kudos

The item category assignment table is T184 . It seems there is a difference in item category for which you have maintained the setting and the one that comes in the error. Is this a typo else maintain the correct setting in the item cat assignment.

I am still confused about the requirement which you have . Should the header item be absent in delivery or in J1IJ setting. Pls let me know.

If you want to prevent the parent material from being copied to the delivery you can make the changes in copy control routines for that item category. But pls be aware of the consequences for the same.

Regards

Manas

former_member182379
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes I want that the Header material should not come in J1IJ only. but i check the program of J1IJ it is selecting all the materials ref. to delivery number without any further check. also is it possible insted of SO if first we create the quotation in quotation therr willl be header material as well as child item but in SO only child item should get copy when creating ref. to that quotaion, I try with item category copy control, but then system is selecting non of the materils from Quotaion to SO, and when I allowed coopy control of header material from Quotaion to SO then it is copying Header as well as child items in the SO.

regards,

zafar

Edited by: zafar karnalkar on Nov 24, 2011 10:53 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try with the help of user exit and not copy control; since the parent item and child item are linked . Try using the exit SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE and delete the header item here from the internal table.