cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to Sybase Hosted Relay Service from inside my Org's Newtwork

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am now somewhat stuck in this. I am not able to connect to Sybase Hosted Relay Service (SHRS) from the Company Intranet but I am able to connect to the SHRS from outside my organizationu2019s intranet.

This is what I have done!!

Since I am now using the platform for development purpose I have followed the instructions mentioned in

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.pubs.docset-SUP-2.0.0/doc/h...

Added entries in the Relay Servers Tab of Sybase Control Center to connect to the Sybase Hosted Relay Service and also added entries in the RSOE tab as per the instructions provided in the link mentioned above .

With these entries I am able to start the RSOE servers without any errors and am able to connect to the Relay Service when I am outside my companyu2019s network.

But fail when I am inside.

The error which I get is "Could not connect to relay server, errCode: 63, sysCode: 10060"

Is it because of some proxy settings? Any help will be highly helpful.

Regards

Tapas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would say the first place to check is with the network/intranet/security team that is responsible for your intranet, if you are using a port on the relay server that is blocked internally. I haven't really worked with the relay server but when working with other solutions like portals we had to adjust to the security rules regarding ports allowed. Relay server is not so different as far as my knowledge goes with regards to being a type of load balancing, proxy type of server like for example the SAP Web Dispatcher. In addition we had to adjust to customers network security / firewall when we applied some creative solutions around our own proxy since they had blocked ports internally on their network that we wanted to use. Just something to keep in mind for those creative people out there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bjorn,

Thanks for the advice. Let me talk to the network guys.

Regards

Tapas