Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Context Based Role Assignment

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to set up context based roles for scenario where I have multiple stores. I created a new entry type STORE that is used for context based assignment. I have a role ROLE:STORE:MANAGER that uses STORE as context attribute. This role will have privileges with different conditional contexts. For example

Privilege Name; Conditional Context

PRIV:ERP:STORE_MANAGER_1000;1000

PRIV:ERP:STORE_MANAGER_2000;2000

I also created a guided task that allows to select a store and assign role ROLE:STORE:MANAGER to user. When I select a context/store only privileges with same conditional context types are assigned. This should be working and my problem is related to visibility after assignment.

For example I assigned ROLE:STORE:MANAGER with context/store 1000 for validity period 24/11 - 30/11. I also assigned ROLE:STORE:MANAGER with context/store 2000 for validity period 24/11 - 31/12. Now when I display roles assigned to users I can see two lines for role ROLE:STORE:MANAGER with two different validity periods but there is no context displayed for each record. I guess I could see this based on assigned privileges.

I also checked internal representation and I can see that attribute MX_CTX is used to hold all contexts during assignment in MX_PENDING_VALUE object. But it seems like this value is lost after assignment. Is this right? Or can I see somewhere context that was used for role assignment? Maybe I am just missing some basic stuff but context based role assignments seem much less useful to me without visibility of context used for role assignment.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I fixed this one. On entry definition of MX_PERSON on attribute MXREF_MX_ROLE you can tick check box "Context" and that will cause displaying context in UI. This flag is available only for roles and privileges.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also suggest that you have a look at the MX_ASSIGNMENT attribute on the user, for use in the WebUI. This attribute will allow you to see both role and privilege assignments in a WebUI task. This also has the "context" setting as you mentioned.

Regards

John Erik Setsaas

Development Architect IdM