cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to customize the layout of the partner selection pop-up in sales docs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When entering a sales order and mulitiple payers, for instance, are defined for the sold-to, a pop-up window will display allowing you to select the correct payer. I've been told the layout of that screen can be changed and saved as a global default layout.

If so, how is that done without ABAP coding? I've tried all the right-click options I can find in that pop-up window. I can change the layout for the moment, but find no option to save it as a permanent display layout.

Thank you,

Jay K.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear friend,

if i understand you correctly...

run VA02 for your order, goto header data 'Partners' tab,

find out the icon "Configuration" - it is in the right up corner (the Partn.Funct., Partner, Name, Street, City,...title line)

click on it and try to create a new settings (use the 'Administrator' button)

good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

PPIO_ENTRY,

Thank you for your quick reply, but I think you misunderstood.

My issue is with the partner selection pop-up window that appears when multiple partners for payer (ship-to) exist for the sold-to partner and you must choose one. This occurs during order creation (VA01).

Your reply, however, did provide me with some customization that I had not played around with so I'll add that to my "bag of tricks".

Regards,

Jay

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear Jay, in this case i suggest please look at config: Partner Determination Procedures

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure what is your purpose? It may cause inconsistencies in changing that pop-up box. There is no standard way but to change with ABAP. May consider using menu painter. SE51.

Do you have any issue with that popup box selection?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alan,

We just wanted to change the order of the fields displayed after the partner number to view fields that are more relevant to how we identify our Payer partners. Specifically, near the end is a field consisting of the partner name, address, city and state condensed into 1 field. We'd like to see that one right after the partner number.

I'm beginning to think you are correct, the only method is an ABAP mod. Yet, when you right click on that pop-up, there is an option to access the current layout and another to choose a layout. That seems to imply you can create a custom layout and save it. But if that's true, I haven't been able to figure out how.

Thanks,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've found the solution myself. Then discovered the following thread, which also applies to partner selection pop-up in VA01:

Now, how do I award myself points for solving my own issue?!

Jay

Answers (0)