cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Functionality of "Search" option above the Navigation bar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anybody tell me what exactly is the functionality of the of "Search" option above the Navigation bar ?

What does it filter and gives the result ?

I have tried to use this search option to search projects with names having "office" word in it. But this search option did not give me any result, although there were a few projects whose names contained the word "office".

When I go to all projects-->modify search and search for project names containing "office" word, it gives me a list of projects in the result.

Please let me know the difference between these two search criteria and the use of the search option above navigation bar.

Thanks,

Vaishali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

If I understand correctly, do you mean the Search fields available on the Workbench?

There are 2 such fields there: Contract Content Search and Master Agreements Search

For these 2 to run in ESO 5.1, you should have KM and TREX enabled.

Again, I am not sure which Search field you refer when you say "Search" option above the Navigation bar

Please clarify.

Thanks,

Vikram Shukla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Thanks a lot for your response.

The search option that I am refering to is the one above Project Management, Enterprise Sourcing, Contract Management, Supplier Management tabs.

There we have an option to filter the search as well, but when I filter to get Project Names containing "office" word in them, I do not get the desired result, in fact am getting no results found as the answer.

But I have e few projects with their names containing "office" keyword in them.

Thanks,

Vaishali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaishali,

I dont think I will be able help you in this. Request other Project management gurus to chip in with their thoughts.

Thanks,

Vikram Shukla

0 Kudos

Hello,

I believe you are referring to Global Search functionality. This feature allows free text search across all business documents (Projects, RFx, Contract, etc) including attachments (text only, no images). The search will produce results only if you have access to the document, meaning if you are on the collaborator list.

I would first check the logs to see what kind of errors you are getting.

In Sourcing 7.0, the Global Search feature uses database indexing to perform the searches. In 5.x release, KM/TREX is used.

If you are on 7.0, you might want to look at schedule tasks to see if the global search related ones are running. Note, you would have to be logged in as system user to see the schedule tasks. Global Search administrative reports which can be accessed from Setup > System Admin > Administrative Reports > Global Search Administrative Reports. It should give you clue on what might be going on.

If you are on 5.1x, make sure if KM/TREX is setup correctly. I would take a look at the instructions in the install guide on how to set it up.

Regards,

Vikram

Answers (0)