cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetWeaver 7.3 installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am very new in this domain. I would like to install NetWeaver 7.3 with Developer Studio.

I downloaded nw 7.3 windows/maxDB installation so I have the following files:

51039309_JAVA_part1.exe

51039309_JAVA_part2.rar

51039309_JAVA_part3.rar

51039309_JAVA_part4.rar

51039309_JAVA_part5.rar

51039309_JAVA_part6.rar.

After I extracted the files I don't have sapinst.exe in the file structure. Should I download some additional packages or there is an other solution for this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Netweaver developer studio 7.3 installation is from either of the three sites:

- via central update site

- via DVD update site

- via local update site

If you have an internet connection, I would suggest conencting the central update site link:

https://nwds.sap.com/swdc/downloads/updates/netweaver/nwds/nw/730

From here follow the 'Installation' instructions.

If you still want to use the SAPInst, you will need to download addtional DVDs: Installation Master DVD:

51041560_6 - 51041560_9.

Check the Installation guide at https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001285842010E/nwds.pdf

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your answer.

I hope I can resolve the problem with this solution.

Kind regards,

Hunor-Attila Kerekes

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How does one download these files? I cannot seem to find them in the download center.

Thanks!

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP removed most if not all of the typical installation media, they have one unified installer now.

Have a look at Snote = 1680045  It is the release note for Software Provisioning Manager.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the assist.  That got me moving ahead.  Now I have a new problem. 

The installer is asking for "SAP:AKK:72:UKERNEL*:Windows_X86_64" and I can't seem to find it.  Have you seen this?

Thanks!

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yep, you are missing the kernel that is with the installation media, but not in the same place as what you downloaded.

Installations and Upgrades - N" SAP NETWEAVER" SAP NETWEAVER 7.3" Kernel for installation/SWPM" SAP KERNEL 7.20 64-BIT UNICODE

Change the kernel to your desired version, I took a stab based on what the installer is asking for, you may want to try the EXT version.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Billy,

Thanks, downloading this now.  Trying to get a 7.3 lab system ready before the new SP for IDM 7.2 comes out the end of this month.  Always fun learning the basics of a new version!  

Regards,

Matt

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Billy, this was perfect, thank you!  Now all I need to do is wait for NW IDM 7.2 SP8.

Matt