cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCoRepository - howto reduce SAP calls

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I've developed an external monitoring app running on a dedicated server supplementing Solution Manager for the purpose of Landscape monitoring.

I have checked ST03N workload-data in the monitored SAP-systems and realize that my program is responsible for far more RFC-calls than necessary and i want to correct this, even though it seemingly doesn't have a huge impact on total system-load.

I suspect this has something to do with not maintaining a "local" cached repository, meaning the JCoConnection looks up metadata every time a function is called. I've seen most of the docs regarding this, but i still havent' managed to pull this off i think (work in progress).

Now in my code i save the repository for the specific instance on the first call to the SAP-system, but in the following calls my RepositoryManager cannot return the repository, it returns null.

Is there something in the relationship between JCoConnection and JCoRepository that i haven't understood yet ?

I have created a custom DestinationDataProvider, i don't use stateful calls, meaning i just call custDestDataProvder.getDestination (destinationID) every time i connect.. This is a multithreaded app in the sense i create one thread for each instance in the landscape, so a system with 4 appservers has 4 connections from my monitor, this is because some data is instance_specific..

Any input or feedback is appreciated..

Best Regards Gerhard.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gerhard,

Could you please update which of the JCO (2.X or 3.0) you are using. if using 2.X then you have close the connection everytime and if you are using 3.0 then it take care automatically.

Thanks,

Hamendra