Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounts excluded from Results Analysis not settled

federico_gregoret
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

We are implementing Results Analysis for projects, and settling the projects to CO-PA.

In the RA customizing, we have excluded the secondary cost element expenses from the analysis.

When we execute RA every month, the calculation is being done correctly. Primary cost element expenses are considered and being settled to CO-PA, but not the secondary cost element expenses.

The issue is that when set the TECO system status in the project, and settle the project, everything is being sent to CO-PA, but not the secondary cost element expenses. So we need that at the end of the project, we can send the whole expenses (primary and secondary cost elements) are being sent to CO-PA, leaving the project with no balance.

What do I need to do? Is there anything I have to custominze?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In okg5 assign the secondary cost elements to a new line id. And in okg4 assign the new line id to N (Costs not be included). Now run the RA and do the settlement. Let me know if you have any issues.

Thanking you

Vengaiah

federico_gregoret
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vengaiah!

Thanks for the reply!

This is how it is customized! But even though it works as I told you! Any other idea?

Thanks!

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you clarify me one point. Do you want the secondary cost elements to be included in RA or not. Second point When RA is calculated. Actual cost will be COS or WIP. In your current system the secondary cost elements (indirect cost) is not involved in profit realization. That means this increases your profit margin. Do you think is this fine? .

You said that all costs be settled to COPA . Do you mean secondary cost elements cost with out involving in the RA you want to settle them.

Thanking you

Vengaiah Chowdary

federico_gregoret
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vengaiah

We need to exclude the secondary cost elements during the lifecycle of the project. But when the project is closed, when we set the TECO status, we need to settle the whole expenses, including the secondary cost elements. Otherwise, this costs would remain in the project indefinetely. Or is this the normal behaviour? Shouldn't the system -at the end- settle all the expenses, no matter if they were excluded from the RA analysis or not?

Actual cost will be COS. Yes, this is fine for us, secondary cost elements don't affect profit margin. But they should at the end of the project. I mean, excluding secondary cost element is a temporary measure during the execution of the project.

Thanks!

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you settling the lower level wbs to higher level wbs. settle the lower level wbs secondary cost elements cost to directly to copa. and direct cost to billing element level wbs. This will solve your issue.

Thanking you

Vengaiah Chowdary

federico_gregoret
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vengaiah

I did as you said, and worked. The system settled the secondary cost elements directly to CO-PA. The thing is that I did it manually for every WBS element, using a source structure I created.

Is there any way I can do this automatically? Have the system derive automatically the settlement rule: the primary costs to the upper WBS elements, and the secondary cost elements directly to PA. Or does it have to be manual for every WBS element?

Really appreciate your help!

Regards!

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think there is automatic way , we goto do it manually.

Thanking you

Vengaiah Chowdary

federico_gregoret
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Vengaiah! We will do it this was! Thanks for your help!

Regards!

Answers (0)