cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue while installing

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I am getting this error while installing.

I tried to modify the task file by changing from err to ign.The problem is that the taks sapview.tsk contains many entries i cannot change one and then try sapinst because i dont know what all views were created.Is there a way to check all the views created in the system.

I have changed from err to ign as it is a view and no data in it.How can we find out what all views are created.Thanks.

DB) INFO: connected to DB

(DB) INFO: DbSlControl(DBSL_CMD_NLS_CHARACTERSET_GET): UTF8

(DB) ERROR: DDL statement failed

(CREATE VIEW "/BI0/MINFOPROV" ( "INFOPROV" , "OBJVERS" , "CHANGED" ) AS SELECT T0001."INFOPROV", T0001."OBJVERS", T0001."CHANGED" FROM "/BI0/PINFOPROV" T0001)

DbSlExecute: rc = 102

(SQL error 955)

error message returned by DbSl:

ORA-00955: name is already used by an existing object

(DB) INFO: disconnected from DB

/usr/sap/ONW/SYS/exe/run/R3load: job finished with 1 error(s)

/usr/sap/ONW/SYS/exe/run/R3load: END OF LOG: 20111123090308

--

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please make sure you have all the views created else there will be issues in the system . These even though are only definitions , but are extremely important as they are referenced.

Some of the views have been created , so its not able to create a duplicate view in the SAP schema.

What you can do is change all the status to err in SAPVIEW.TSK and retry with the import.

That should drop and re-create all the views.

You should not manually change .TSK files unless you are very confident of the consequences .

Edited by: Ratnajit Dey on Nov 24, 2011 9:20 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ratnajit,

Thanks.I am aware as to they are.What i was asking is that is there a way to know where all the views get stored any database table is what i am looking for.I am aware of the task file and know the consequences.Thanks.

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

select VIEW_NAME from dba_views where OWNER='<SCHEMA>';

you can find out the views created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnajit,

Thats what i was looking for.Thanks a ton.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambarish,

Recently we also faced same issues during multiple SAP system installation. We found that in initSID.ora processes and session are 80 & 96 respectrively. These are default values . Increase these these values and the repeat import phase in sapinst.

Regards,

Sachin Rane.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Thanks a ton for the response sir.Hope you are doing good.Our import ABAP progressed i changed everything from xeq to err in the task file so it dropped and recreated the ones which were already created.Thanks.