Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incomplete sales order to block delivery note creation

former_member215519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I use the incomplete procedure on the sales order and save the order with one field not filled in. So this sales order is incomplete, but seems user can still create delivery note for the order.

In the "status group" IMG, there is one check box for delivery, I tick it on, but still the delivery note can be created even the sales order is incomplete for that field.

Anything missing here or this is as expected? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215519
Participant
0 Kudos

Finally I find it.

The clue is from Note 554567 - Copy control for deliveries for incomplete documentsu200F

By looking at the program, seems SAP standard is checking sales item incomplete status for the delivery creation.

vbup-uvvlk is the key field on the item level for this logic. And it makes sense since delivery is based on sales order item anyway. Will try to create customized field on the item level to meet our requirement.

Thanks all for the help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you make any changes in the SPRO side, you need to create a new document and test. Can you create a new sales order and keep a field (maintained in incompletion procedure) blank and then try to create a delivery? I assume you have assigned the incompletion procedure for sales document type, item category type and schedule line category type in t.code VUP2.

Regards,

former_member215519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Ram,

yeah, i created several new orders to test, but not successful.

Actually it's the field "version" on the sales order header VBAK-VSNMR_V, assigned status group 02. We need to use this field for some tracking purpose.

I leave it blank and can see the sales order incomplete while saving it. But delivery can still be created. Will this because it's not a delivery related field, or something need to do in the copy control?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In assign procedures, check if correct procedure is assigned to the sales order type.

And in define procedures, check if Sales - Header and relevant procedure mentioned above has been configured with the required field and correct status group. warning indicator is unchecked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assign that field to your incompletion procedure of sales order,come to T.code VOV8 select your sale document in that Transaction flow tab you can see incomplete message there tick the incomplete message,once you tick this system will not allow to save the sale order when it is incomplete.It allows to save when the required field is maintained.

Check and revert

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JohnXu,

--Go to T.Code VUA2 & select your sales document type & check mark on IC-Dialog & save it.

--Raise sales order VA01 with incomplete information & try to save the order the system throws error message.If you still want to save the order the system will not allow you to save the document.

Let me know if your problem is solved

Regards

Pradeep

former_member215519
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestion. I know we can make it as hard error and prevent order being saved. But per the client requirement, they still want the ablity to save it, may go back to reenter this version data, but block further actions. If this can not be done by status group, any better ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check again your setting for incompletion log as mentioned above. also relate the procedure in VOV8 - incompl. proced field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you want the order to be saved but still no subsequent deliveries to be created. Try creating a delivery requirement routine (configured in del type settings). Probably this would help.

Regards

Manas