Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reviwer and approver Field not available

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

Using SAP ECC 6.0

In standard DMS whether the reviewer and approver field is not available?

If yes then why i can not see it?

If no then please help me to find solution how to introduce?

We do not want to go for workflow at the moment but we want this option available for the future use.I have define the status network for the document type now i want to test it but as the field is not available i am not able to check.

Please help me ASAP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We do not want to go for workflow at the moment but we want this option available for the future use.

Could you elaborate more as to what specific use you want to use these options for?

If you do not intend to introduce workflow concept at this point in time and yet would like to have these options,IMO,would propose you use the Authorization Group field in DIR.This way,in sync with your status network,you can exercise the necessary control to an extent and ensure that these fields of APPROVER and REVIEWER are reflected in a DIR.

Browse [this|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/UsingAuthorizationGroupfieldin+DMS] wiki section for details on Authorization Group enablement.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Reviewer and Approver fields are not available in standard SAP DMS. You can have them as characteristics values.

If you want any approvaly process for the documents, custom workflow is only the option.

For simple document distribution to stakeholders, you can explore the option of document distribution.

Cheers

Amit