cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building-Problem with a simple HelloWorld! Application - NWDS 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts!

I have got a huge problem with my NWDI / NWDS.

My System(s)-Configuration:

- NWDS (NetWeaver Developer Studio) 7.3

- NWDI (NetWeaver Development Infrastructure) 7.01

- Deploy-System: SAP NetWeaver Portal 7.3

- JDK on local Host: JDK 1.6.0_21 (JDK 6)

- JDK on Deploy-System: 1.6.0_? (JDK 6)

- JDK of the CBS from NWDI: JDK 1.6.0_?

On this link you can see the Tutorial of the "Hello World" Application:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/503193d9-f586-2b10-4eb6-e8b46dc09...

So:

First of all, I developed a JSP with JSF (Java Server Faces) in NWDS 7.3. Under "Window" -> "Preferences" -> "SAP AS Java" i put in my SAP NetWeaver Portal 7.3 System.

In this case, I made local Development for Testing. That means I didn't work with any service of the NWDI (CBS, DTR and so on). I did local development.

So I created 2 DCs, one "Web Module" and one "Enterprise Application".

Last of all, I did a right-click on my DC type "Enterprise Application" -> "Development Component" -> "Build".....

I could put a check on 2 fields, the EAR and the WEB DC.

After that, the Build was successful and I could deploy directy from my NWDS into the SAP NW Portal 7.3 Target / Runtime - System.

Then:

Now I want to do the same, BUT: I want to use the NWDI for this process. That means, I want to use the CBS for Building, the DTR for checking-in my Sourcecode and so on..

So first of all, I generated a TRACK in the Landscape Configurator of the CMS. Because I want to deploy on a 730 Runtime-System (SAP NW Portal 7.3), I created one SC (MyApplication) and defined the dependencies for the following ones:

a) DI_BUILD_TOOL_7.30

b) J2EE_ENGINE_FACADE_7.30

I checked-the 2 SCs in in the TRACK and imported them in the Development-System.

Then i started my NWDS 7.3.

Under "Window" -> "Preferences" -> "SAP AS Java" I DELETED MY Target-System (I think it's right, because I want to deploy by the NWDI).

At last, I have imported the Development Configuration File in my NWDS 7.3.

Now I have done the same steps as in local development, BUT:

When I did a right-click on my DC type "Enterprise Application" -> "Development Component" -> "Build".....

I could NOT SEE 2 fields, ONLY THE EAR DC => SO I CAN NOT BUILD MY APPLICATION

So please, can you tell my, what I did wrong?

I wonder myself, because I have done the same steps as in local development, where the build of EAR and WEB DC was possible and succeeded.

Thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

at page 18, did you reference the web module?

i think you missed that part.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John.

For sure I referenced the web module.

But my problem is already solved......I created a simple JSP-Page without JSF and now it works (but nobody knows why)...

Thank you for answering.

Best Regards.