cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOP with special sorting - how to assign "sort variant" to "sort profile" ?

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have a problem with assigning a variant-dependent special sorting to a sort profile.

Example: /SAPAPO/BOP with a sorting profile called SORT_01 which contains as a sorting criteria only the customer characteristic ("KUNNR") and have set this to "special sorting". Now I have created a variant-dependent special sorting variant KUNNR_01 (/SAPAPO/VASOSORT) which contains my wanted sequence of customer numbers A,B,C behind characteristic KUNNR. Afterwards I want to assign this variant KUNNR_01 to my sorting profile SORT_01. I can chose the variant KUNNR_01 in my sorting profile SORT_01 - but I can't save it and it is not storing/keeping the assignment in a transport on the dev box either.

I cannot use the special sorting without a variant since I have different BOP runs using customer as a sorting with a special list and sequence.

I wonder if this is a bug or if my sequence of steps is simply missing something. Thanks for any hint ...

Using SCM7.0, SP8

Regards

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I got an answer from another source - therefore the questions has been answered !

In case somebody would like to know the solution: the "variant-dependent special sorting" varaints you create can only be assigned to a BOP variant (/SAPAPO/BOP), but not directly to a sorting profile while maintaining and defining a special sorting to a sorting criteria. The possibility to use a variant for a special sorting during sorting profile maintenance has obviously only the purpose to show you what the sorting would look like for a sorting criteria if you would use this variant in the BOP variant.

Regards

Thomas