Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing a Blank Paper in the begining and end of a spool

former_member191562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a weird requirement.

I need to print a blank page in the begining and end of a spool to overcome the overlagging of printer.

Eventhough its programatically unethical to do it this way, I cant come up with an alternative solution.

Plese provide me a suggestion.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yuva,

We can generate the blank page on each smartform/Script printed using the below ways.

A) For a blank page at the beginning of the print:

1) If you are using a smartform:

a) Create a new window (secondary window) at the beginning of the smatform in the first page. (Please dont use it in the remaining pages if any)

b) Create a new COMMAND (Right click on window -> Create -> Flow logic -> Command). In that tick the check box for 'Go to New Page' and redirect the page to page 2.

c) Copy the first page to generate a new page as page 2. Remove the window with the commend form the page 2.

The above will print a blank page at beginning of the form and print the data in second page.

2) If a SAPSCRIPT is used: Do the same process of generation of a window in the first page. Write the code to go to the next page in the window. Replicate the first page as second page without the window with the comment for going to next page.

B) For a blank page at the End of the print:

1) If you are using a smartform:

a) Create a final window at the end of all windows in the second page (I am assuming that second page is the copy of the first page and it is directed to itself).

b) Create a new COMMAND (Right click on window -> Create -> Flow logic -> Command). In that tick the check box for 'Go to New Page' and redirect the page to page 3.

c) Create a new page without a main window as page 3. Put a secondary window with a text with a blank line.

The above will print a blank page at end of the form after all data is printed.

2) If a SAPSCRIPT is used: Do the same process of generation of a window in the last but one page. Create a blank page at the end and call this page at the end of all data in the script is printed.

Thanks and Regards

Raghesh R S

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gokul_radhakrishnan3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I think, you have to control it through Device type -> formats since you want to do this per spool and not per printout/form. In SPAD, check your device type. and there are quite a few Print formats like "First Page" "Cover Page" "End of Page" are available where you can use PCL commands (as for as I know). Check with your basis colleagues to understand whether you can acheive this using these formats.

First page, I am sure you can achieve it using a SAP cover page (Output device-> cover page will also help). I am not very sure about the last page though.

By the way, there are some parameters in Output device to do vertical shift & horizontal shift in SPAD->output device->Output attributes tab. Check whether that is of any use.

Regards,

Gokul

former_member191562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I tried all the shortcuts (using NEXT_PAGE command) to print this but it didnt work,may be because the script contains bartender software code to support intermac printer.

I finally decided to have a blank page in the scripts and print those pages.

Thanks for ur help,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can create three pages in SF keep First and Third Blank and use Command to link the pages.

it's looks very weird requirement but hope this will resolve your problem.

Regards,

Javaid.

former_member191562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Javid,

I would have done the same when just one print out will be in one spool, but what happenes here is, many printouts are triggered in the same spool. So this blank page should come only during the very first print out and not in between the p/os.

Thanks,