Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting the message 'No Suitable namespace available' while creating role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus ,

I am trying to create few roles named staring with the characters like /DCR/N000S01.

But i get the message 'No Suitable namespace available' .

Although i am still able to create the role after this .

Can you please let me know why are we getting this mesage ?

Also I am using the BAPI ' PRGN_RFC_CREATE_ACTIVITY_GROUP ' to create roles.

When i input the value of the role name as DCR/N000S01 its throwing an exception as NAMESPACE_PROBLEM .

So kindly let me know why do we get the message as 'No Suitable namespace available' when we try to create roles with names such as /DCR/N000S01 and what is the resolution ?

Thanks in Advance ,

Amit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

A BAPI is a documented, stable and released API function. This FM is not documented, not released and there is no guarantee of stability... for sure there is no warning.

Just a side note, even when you have registered your namespace.

Alternately there is a switch in PRGN_CUST which you can use to turn the namespace check off. It is only for roles and not other types of objects (such as custom fields of custom objects).

Cheers,

Julius

6 REPLIES 6

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

in fact roles are enabled for namespaces.

Please have a look at the coding of TR_CHECK_NAMESPACE. The message tk360 is raised, if no fitting namespace is found in table trnspace. So the namespace used is probably not registered in your system. Please refer also to SAP note 150451.

b.rgds, Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

A BAPI is a documented, stable and released API function. This FM is not documented, not released and there is no guarantee of stability... for sure there is no warning.

Just a side note, even when you have registered your namespace.

Alternately there is a switch in PRGN_CUST which you can use to turn the namespace check off. It is only for roles and not other types of objects (such as custom fields of custom objects).

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

> A BAPI is a documented, stable and released API function. This FM is not documented, not released and there is no guarantee of stability... for sure there is no warning.

But there is no BAPI to create a security role. So in this case you don't have any other option.

Cheers

0 Kudos

That still does not make it a BAPI which encapsulates an equivalent of a transaction mode in a stabe way.

Many of the "role administration" function modules have changed with release 7.3x, particularly some import parameters have changed or are not longer used (even if they look stable).

One can reduce the risk by checking to see that the dialog transactions use the function module and do so from several locations which are reused - in this example there is also a better FM to use as well... --> PRGN_RFC_CREATE_AGR_MULTIPLE (despite the name being slightly misleading...

The real FM for creating multiple roles no longer works in 7.30 as it ignores the import parameters and forces a dialog.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Julius !

Turning off the switch 'PFCG_NAMESPACE_CHECK'

in the table PRGN_CUST solved the problem .

Thanks ,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Julius !

Turning off the switch 'PFCG_NAMESPACE_CHECK'

in the table PRGN_CUST solved the problem .

Thanks ,

Amit