cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Release

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have an issue with Budget release functionality. i have gone through several threads & found a similar issue which some one already faced. I kept a message to that person but haven't received any reply. My issue is as follows.......

We have projects which were already in released state, I have done budgeting using CJ30. My issue is that, i should restrict the postings not to be allowed using Project or WBSE unless the budget is released through CJ32 although the project is in released state.

Accurate Solution will be highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is in detail to the solution suggested by Pradeep.

You need to create WBS Status profile having two user status:

1:To prohibit the transactions which posts costs to WBS once the project is Budgeted by CJ30 say BUD1

2.To allow the transactions which were prohibited for posting costs on WBS --after Budget is released by CJ32 say BUD2

Upon CJ30 , the WBS System status will be "BUDG".

The user status "BUD1" can be set automatically by setting the same on standard transaction "Budgeting" in user status configuration. As a result the WBS will have system status as "BUDG" and user status as "BUD1"

Upon CJ32 , the WBS System status will be "BUDG AVAC"

The user status will still be "BUD1" as there is no standard transaction for AVAC which can set the User Status "BUD2" automatically.

Hence the user status "BUD2" needs to be set manually ,thereby allowing the costs to be posted on WBS.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

Firstly thank you very much for the reply, I would like to give you more clarity that my system and the user status are already in released state and I tried with WBS User status but i am not able to do so. If you have good idea on that, please explain me the exact navigation as how to proceed.

Regards,

RAM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I enacted the same scenario in my system and then applied the solution as below , it worked.

1. Perform Budgeting CJ30 & then release cj32. (on first level WBS). This will activate AVAC.

2. Now remove the value released in cj32 and save.

3. Perform a budget return CJ38 for the value entered through CJ30.

Now there is no buget in the project (the system status will still be BUDG AVAC) but AVAC is active, as a result unless you release budget , there will be no cost posted on the WBS which wiil solve your problem.

Regards,

Vaibhav

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think availability control can also work in your case.

Regards

Keshav

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create user status profile in which set the posting allowed only after budget release (CJ32) Till then block all business transcation for the posting on WBS.

Once the budget release through CJ32 set status which allows all posting.

regards,

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please use a validation based on the system status

Or Use a user status profile.

For further details please search the forum on the topic.