cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of Parameter value from user master maintanance

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to delte the parameter value using the below ABAP attribute. but i am able to add some value and not able to delete from any user ID. kindly let me know whether i have to make any changes to the attribute and its value.

Parameter1 - if i give CRM_UI_Profile, its getting added. i am not able to remove the value.

Regards,

Dileep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you tried the prefix or infront of the attribute value?

Or, are you trying to maintain the parameter with your IDM-UI?

Kind regards,

Achim Heinekamp

0 Kudos

I have tried using prefixes, but i got an error saying invalid parameterCRM_UI_PROFILE.

when i do not give prefix, the parameter is getting added to the user. but i need to delete the exisiting parameter value to a particular user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

further questions:

Have you checked the event tasks for the used attribute?

Which attribute are you using?

Please have a look at one privilege of your SAP system.

Are there any hooks down the modify task?

Kind regards,

Achim

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<quote>I have tried using prefixes, but i got an error saying invalid parameterCRM_UI_PROFILE.<quote> Is CRM_UI_PROFILE an attribute or a value? If it's a value encase it in angled brackets... <CRM_UI_PROFILE> this will have IDM pass the MSKEY assuming that this ia a valid MSKEYVALUE for an IDM object. So the line would read <CRM_UI_PROFILE>

0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not a value or attribute. That is a Parameter ID.The error that we got, i have given belwo.

In parameter section we will have something like this

Parameter ID Prameter Value Description

CRM_UI_PROFILE ZCRM_GENERIC Business role for generic users

Exception from Modify operation:com.sap.idm.ic.ToPassException: Parameter ID <CRM_UI_PROFILE> does not exist

Regards,

Dileep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you have only one ABAP repository within your IDM landscape?

If not, and if you're using MX_PARAMETER to store the parameter(s), the mentioned parameter is provisioned to all ABAP-Systems.

We solved that problem by using customer specific attributes for each abap system with the repository name within the attribute name. That means, we can use the same provisioning task for all ABAP-Systems.

<Added>:

sorry, i overlooked the prefix. Have you tried to remove the parameter using the UI? the ModifyABAP-Task should start after that.

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Achim Heinekamp

Edited by: Achim Heinekamp on Nov 28, 2011 3:23 PM